• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio upgrade SX190

Jack Bailey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just finished replacing the speakers and added a amp to my sx190. I didn't want to spend much but wanted good sound. I was torn between polk and JL. I ended up going with the JL mx650's. I replaced all 4 speakers and the guy at the audio store recommended the jl mx280 amp. It was night and day difference from the head unit and adding this amp. I know it might not compare to most systems but it is very clear and the bass is amazing IMO. All in under $600. Would definitely recommend this setup for someone that's not wanting to spend alot of money but you still want good sound.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just finished replacing the speakers and added a amp to my sx190. I didn't want to spend much but wanted good sound. I was torn between polk and JL. I ended up going with the JL mx650's. I replaced all 4 speakers and the guy at the audio store recommended the jl mx280 amp. It was night and day difference from the head unit and adding this amp. I know it might not compare to most systems but it is very clear and the bass is amazing IMO. All in under $600. Would definitely recommend this setup for someone that's not wanting to spend alot of money but you still want good sound.
The best system in the world is the one you can afford and enjoy. Congrats on the new set up

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a great system - and a great price!
With this setup, I think you may be actually pretty close to the point of diminishing returns.

--