• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Auto Bilge and boat lifts

Jbingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a new 2016 165g that we picked up last week. Have about 6 hours on it with no issues trailering it in and out for a few times. Now that we have it on the lift its gets water in it and will set off the float but the water is too low to pump. So it sits in a constant cycle on spiting a tiny bit of water, then running dry, then shutting off. Then all over again. I am assuming part of the problem is the boat sitting level on the lift. What have you guys done to fix this? Thinking about just keeping it covered and pulling the fuse.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For whatever this opinion is worth, pull the drain plugs out. Like all boats, the boat is a bucket, and you're filling it up with rain water. Also, depending on your lift set-up, you can always call the LIFT guys and have them pitch the lift for you. The drain plugs are the easiest thing to do now to eliminate that problem and the possibility of a dead battery.

Jbingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Other
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I pulled the drain plugs and the water is below them but it is still high enough for the float to kick on. Guess i will just be pulling the fuse and having the drain plugs out.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You could always add a Perk switch to turn off the power too.