• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aux Jack to Bluetooth Solution

IN2H2O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Far from a audio guy but looking for a way to stream music from my phone to the stock radio. What is a good solution for our older boats that only have a Aux jack?

I've seen a few battery powered Aux to Bluetooth adapters on amazon but they are battery powered and kind of afraid they might not be ideal. Much prefer a way to tie into the 12v DC circuit but most powered options I come across are 120v for home stereos. Is there a good solution or does the head unit just need replaced?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I used to used before I got a BT radio. It will use minimal power compared to the radio

Or you can hook up through the jack with this cable

Dfred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To put off getting a new head unit... I just went with this Audiopipe from Amazon as recommended from here or somewhere
5557F864-CC0E-4D4B-BD68-2AED078B8EC1.jpeg

The “marine” application of this Bluetooth aux adapter sold me, and the customer comments on how to wire it to power on via antenna power so it’s not always on draining battery. It has worked perfectly so far.

Can’t find pics of final install... It was simple crimp and connect for this JBL radio unit, And then just zip tied it to the radio brace:A307AD2C-80ED-4DAB-BC6B-EFE2BC08EEAE.jpeg
2087A468-6155-4C8E-B5D8-A2144FD8F3B7.png

IN2H2O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
To put off getting a new head unit... I just went with this Audiopipe from Amazon as recommended from here or somewhere

The “marine” application of this Bluetooth aux adapter sold me, and the customer comments on how to wire it to power on via antenna power so it’s not always on draining battery. It has worked perfectly so far.

Can’t find pics of final install... It was simple crimp and connect for this JBL radio unit, And then just zip tied it to the radio brace:
Thanks, Just ordered. Oddly there is not a manual on AP website for this. Audiopipe Manuals
Install looks simple. Did you just plug the Red and White RCA cables into the back of the headunit's aux and wire into 12v Auxiliary/Antenna power that comes on with the key?

Below is the wiring diagram from the stock head unit on a 2008 232 Limited (Sony CDX-HS70MS)
1622126762422.png

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did the same thing only I used the Fusion bluetooth adapter. It works great and the best part is that you only have to select the AUX input on the radio to get the bluetooth signal. I used the 12V cigarette adapter one before and it was a PITA to tune the radio to the proper channel to get the signal, especially on a bright sunny day and the radio mounted on the lower part of the dash. My boat has the original factory radio. Now if I could figure out what the buttons on the remote back on the transom do - I've never been able to find a manual for it.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
a PITA to tune the radio to the proper channel to get the signal, especially on a bright sunny day and the radio mounted on the lower part of the dash. My boat has the original factory radio.
Best thing I ever did with the OE radio is swap positions with the No-Wake insert. No more bending over to try to see the radio. Why they didn't do it this way when the designed our boats is beyond me.

1622130047109.png

Dfred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
..... Did you just plug the Red and White RCA cables into the back of the headunit's aux and wire into 12v Auxiliary/Antenna power that comes on with the key?
Heh, the manuals are quite lacking (sorry), but, yes - simply connect the red&white RCA your Sony AUX, and then the power from the AMP/antenna (I can’t tell exactly which wire from your Sony harness it is?), and ground. But, The power from radio antenna is on from radio on and not key. (and another reason to remove the radio head face-plate when storing the boat, but- I guess you can wire it to any 12v switched on though?).
Ignore and seal shut the blue wire on the Audiopipe Bluetooth in this configuration.
98877D8A-F025-4187-8191-29A98ED3C51D.jpeg

Djc16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Best thing I ever did with the OE radio is swap positions with the No-Wake insert. No more bending over to try to see the radio. Why they didn't do it this way when the designed our boats is beyond me.

View attachment 151507
How hard was this to do? I am looking into changing out the oem unit and this looks nice

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Overall it was easy. Just need to find a piece of black plastic to make an insert/trim piece for the top where the radio was put due to the openings in the dash being different sizes for the radio & no-wake panel.