• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Baby Baby, where did our love go?

Dirt squirt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Geeze, I go away for a few months and everybody's boat blows up! Sorry to hear of the issues a lot of you guys are having. I thought I should at least share my (good) experience after 30 hours of use.

The only 'problem' I've had since I bought it was the hourly fuel consumption meter stopped working, and that was fixed at the 25 hour service last fall. That's it. No other hint of a problem with it. I'm completely happy with everything about the boat. It's a pretty small world when you are shopping for a jet boat, as there are not a lot of manufacturers of them. We took a look at the Yamaha before we bought our 195, and on the surface the Scarab is better in every measure for comfort and convenience features, so my only potential concern was reliability. Now that I have a year+ under it's belt, that seems to be a non-issue.

That being said, I wonder if dealers are behind some or most of these issues others are having? It sure seems like a lot of these problems can be traced back to poor prep and quality control at the dealer level. For example, when I picked mine up from my dealer this spring after they winterized it and stored it, I noticed (before I got to the ramp, thank goodness) that my key had been left on all winter and the battery was as dead as disco. Also there was a note on the invoice - "customer says sump pump wont shut off - R&R sump pump" Huh? I never said that. Must have gotten me confused with someone else, I guess. So, lesson learned and I will be doing my own winter storage this year. Like I always say, why pay the dealer $100/hr when you can do it wrong yourself for free?

Have a great summer everyone!

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Lots of love for mine as well. No issues well into second season of boating bliss. Only issue was with trailer brakes and dealer fixed that quickly.

funbobby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
~98.5% Positive here with ~15 hours. :)

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm all happy at 19 hours. Had one engine light that I reset and its been out ever since and found some loose nuts like others but nothing worth complaining about.

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I like my boat, except for all the bolt nuts falling everywhere, loose stereo remote and plastic cap besides the throttle.

Electronics are OK, engine is OK

As long as I dont have engine problems I can deal with it.

Big E

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Completely satisfied with my purchase (25 hrs). No problems and excellent service by the dealer.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Turned in a 2014 195 HOI for a 2016 255 HOI. After 1 year and 28 hrs, the boat was awesome. All I had to do is tighten the rear seat brackets once when I noticed they were loosening .

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
215HO, 45 Hrs, Year Two, So far so good...

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
20 hrs on our 195 HOI and is the BEST bad investment I've ever made !;)

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hope to be getting my boat back this week. Carbon Seal issue due to a mis-alignment of the shaft...

Top Bottom