• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

backlight on Gauges go out when nav lights are on

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So this is my 2nd FSH. Bought a 2019 190 and now have a 210. Both have the same issue. If you turn on the navigation or anchor lights the backlight turns off. Therefore you can't read the tachs at night. If you turn navigation lights off the backlight turns on. Anyone had luck correc

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So this is my 2nd FSH. Bought a 2019 190 and now have a 210. Both have the same issue. If you turn on the navigation or anchor lights the backlight turns off. Therefore you can't read the tachs at night. If you turn navigation lights off the backlight turns on. Anyone had luck correc
short in the anchor light. remove the light and see if the wire is pinched . On my 210 it was.

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What @motomandan says. I had a similar issue but it was a short in the nav lights. Replaced and the problem went away.

Tailwaters1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks. Will check it out. Funny I have the same issue with the 190 I sold. Just figured it was some sort of wiring issue. So where was the short located?

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks. Will check it out. Funny I have the same issue with the 190 I sold. Just figured it was some sort of wiring issue. So where was the short located?
Under the Anchor light on the ttop. The wire was pinched.