• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

bad ECU due to too much oil???

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to replace the rectifier in my fx140, right after I did the ECU failed. At least is started sometimes with a bad rectifier, not so once the ecu died.

Darrell40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where did you get the ecu?

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was having issues with port side engine - smoke and fuel coming out of exhaust and hard to start. Took it to the Yamaha dealer and the technician said the problem was due to way too much oil. He said the oil got into the air box and then into the wire harness ( through the connector) and traveled through the complete harness and into the ECU. The ECU is now damaged and in result the injector for the #1 cylinder is wide open - which is causing the poor running conditions. Is this possible? Has anyone else heard of or experienced this?
The marina where I keep my boat ( not yamaha dealer) performed my oil change last May and I am questioning them for the too much oil... and asking them to pay for the $3,400 repair - two new harnesses and ECU. They do not believe the analysis of the yamaha technician and say they never heard of such a thing. Also asked why did it take so long to happen. The Y tech. said it can take that long for the oil to travel through.... and said it happens all the time.

Thank you for the help.
Lately i bought YAMAHA SX 230 ,year 2005 ,with 2 engines .I'm looking for hole electric box with wires .because i have only one ,box is called YAMAHA 6B6.
MODEL of boat SRT 1100-D.
Computer in the box has these numbers :6P6-00, F8 T94874, 5129
Outer computer has these numbers : SH 678B-13, G4D.3
Do you have something like that ?I can send pictures if you like .
Iam looking forward for your replay .If you don't have it ,do you know where i can find it ?My mail is roman@wiertelak.pl
Kind regards,
Roman

Roman Wiertelak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lately i bought YAMAHA SX 230 ,year 2005 ,with 2 engines .I'm looking for hole electric box with wires .because i have only one ,box is called YAMAHA 6B6.
MODEL of boat SRT 1100-D.
Computer in the box has these numbers :6P6-00, F8 T94874, 5129
Outer computer has these numbers : SH 678B-13, G4D.3
Do you have something like that ?I can send pictures if you like .
Iam looking forward for your replay .If you don't have it ,do you know where i can find it ?My mail is roman@wiertelak.pl
Kind regards,
Roman

muddflap

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a quick FYI. I had similar issue with too much fuel from an open injector and I am in the process of replacing the ECU. When I removed the old ECU there was no oil or water in the box but there was oil in the ECU connector port only and oil on the plug. The only place oil was in the box was in the connector and the connector port on the ECU. I would not have believed this post unless I saw it on mine yesterday.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a quick FYI. I had similar issue with too much fuel from an open injector and I am in the process of replacing the ECU. When I removed the old ECU there was no oil or water in the box but there was oil in the ECU connector port only and oil on the plug. The only place oil was in the box was in the connector and the connector port on the ECU. I would not have believed this post unless I saw it on mine yesterday.
Check your air filter box for blow by oil collection.