• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bad gas

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
02 lx2000 drained old gas from tank when I pulled filters looked like rusty water ? Is now how do I get old gas from hose to engine can’t even see line at engine

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably not very practical to get that last little bit of bad gas out of the line. Put in fresh gas. When you try to start it, the fresh gas will push the bad gas up and into the cylinders (where it may not combust or will do so unevenly). Once the good gas gets there it should fire up and all of the bad gas will be out.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Probably not very practical to get that last little bit of bad gas out of the line. Put in fresh gas. When you try to start it, the fresh gas will push the bad gas up and into the cylinders (where it may not combust or will do so unevenly). Once the good gas gets there it should fire up and all of the bad gas will be out.
Thanks man yes it was a pain to get started had to pull a plug put shot of my mixed gas in cylinder about 20 times each engine to get them to run long enuf to keep running ty for reply do you hav same model r work on ya own motors

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, mine is much more recent (2012). But I do my own work on my engines (so far). And have worked on cars for years... And I fiddle and help folks around here, so have learned a bit about the earlier models.

Glad you got it running! Sorry the reply was so late...

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
No, mine is much more recent (2012). But I do my own work on my engines (so far). And have worked on cars for years... And I fiddle and help folks around here, so have learned a bit about the earlier models.

Glad you got it running! Sorry the reply was so late...
Np glad sumone replied ty lot of neglect amazed it even run one is idled up about 2500
Guess piece trash hung up sumware sucker run away on me yesterday pulled lanyard plug wire key stayed runnin I finally chocked it out

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's scary. Guess you have the next thing to fix on it...

But it is fun to finally get them running. Especially after someone else messes them up so bad.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Np glad sumone replied ty lot of neglect amazed it even run one is idled up about 2500
Guess piece trash hung up sumware sucker run away on me yesterday pulled lanyard plug wire key stayed runnin I finally chocked it out
But I’m determined to ride this thing probably just to find more gremlins lol
That's scary. Guess you have the next thing to fix on it...

But it is fun to finally get them running. Especially after someone else messes them up so bad.
hope So lol looked like original filters on it changed steering cable n control cables allready every thing I look at is bad kinda scared keep lookin tryin get my homemade lakeskiff goin same time

Attachments

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
But I’m determined to ride this thing probably just to find more gremlins lol

hope So lol looked like original filters on it changed steering cable n control cables allready every thing I look at is bad kinda scared keep lookin tryin get my homemade lakeskiff goin same time
Like it lot easier to work on too ty for reply I’d love to pic ya brain sumtime

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love that hull shape! Sweet looking boat. Must be great for fishing.

And you're right next door. I'm near Houston...

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Love that hull shape! Sweet looking boat. Must be great for fishing.

And you're right next door. I'm near Houston...
Cool ty it’s cflex I built it in 96 third time redoing it all cypress rails goin through motor now missin lots of good fishing now too sux but I figured jetboat was worth few gs easy worst come to worst I’ll put one motor in mine