• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bahamas Insurance Coverage

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, in prepping for our trip I reached out to WhitCo insurance again for a quote that covers the Bahamas. When we went in 2021 they bound a policy for us with American Integrity for ~$500/yr that covers the Bahamas, comparable to our Progressive policy which extends out to 75 miles but specifically states that it doesn't cover the Bahamas.

This year they've come back and indicated that it's $1,300 and requires "satellite" coverage on the boat. I'm assuming between my GPS, inReach and EPIRB I should be covered, but it's a new requirement as well. Regardless, the price is of course the biggest factor - does anybody else in FL have a reasonable policy that includes Bahamas coverage? I've got an '08 SX230 for what it's worth.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had to use State Farm. They were the only ones around us that would cover the Bahamas

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had to use State Farm. They were the only ones around us that would cover the Bahamas
I tried calling a bunch of SF offices around here and none of them would touch it.

Thier Inheritance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, in prepping for our trip I reached out to WhitCo insurance again for a quote that covers the Bahamas. When we went in 2021 they bound a policy for us with American Integrity for ~$500/yr that covers the Bahamas, comparable to our Progressive policy which extends out to 75 miles but specifically states that it doesn't cover the Bahamas.

This year they've come back and indicated that it's $1,300 and requires "satellite" coverage on the boat. I'm assuming between my GPS, inReach and EPIRB I should be covered, but it's a new requirement as well. Regardless, the price is of course the biggest factor - does anybody else in FL have a reasonable policy that includes Bahamas coverage? I've got an '08 SX230 for what it's worth.
Try Casey L Heer at CIG@caseyinsurancefroup.com. He is in Plantation, Florida

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length