• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bahamas

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With everything going on and since we cancelled our Christmas Orlando Universal Studios trip a couple months ago due to sickness, trying to plan something for this summer.

Figured I would reach out to all my brethren here, as I have never been to the Bahamas. They do not want to do Bimini, and they are not interested in taking the boat. The want to be at a resort. Me, The Mrs. and 19 yr old and 17 yr old girls. We were going to do a cruise, but by the time I priced it all out I was less than thrilled. I have always wanted to go to the Bahamas. Was in Jamaica for a week 5 years ago at a resort and enjoyed it.

Anyhow, we were thinking maybe The Coral at Atlantis? Nassau. Looks like a good time for everyone and the prices are more reasonable at The Coral. Also looked at Baha Mar. Been reading all over reddit and other sites. That was all I came up with, but I do see a lot of other areas.

Anyone have any advice or info? Would be much appreciated. I want to book something in the next day or so.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We stayed at Atlantis about 7-8 years ago and it was a good time. We stayed in the Towers so not sure what the Coral is like. At the time one of the kids was only about 1 year old so we stayed on the resort. Lots to do there for all ages. it was a small fortune to eat at the onsite restaurants though.

Baha Mar was just being finished up when we were there so didn't get a chance to see it.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
There is a travel warning for US citizens in the Bahamas. Violent crime is up, particularly in Nassau. I'd find another island with an all inclusive where you don't have to venture off. Bimini is one of the islands with the lesser amount of violent crime. Personal recommendation would be to take a cruise, one that only stops at their own islands. Granted I love cruises and love all the food you can eat. Lobster night is my favorite and a little tip that many don't know is even in the dining room it is all you can eat. Just tell the server to keep bringing whatever it is you want to come out until you say to stop. :) Avoid the buffets, though. That's your biggest gamble for any kind of illness.

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We have traveled to Exuma … Georgetown to be exact… the last two summers!! It’s great!! Not as commercialized as Nassau … but still plenty to do! We rent a vehicle and a boat .. gone on excursions … stay at an air bnb for pretty cheap!! Beaches aren’t busy usually… it’s beautiful…

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@suke The travel warnings are for the interior, we don't plan on venturing off of Paradise Island. When we were in Jamaica, it was reportedly worse and we really didn't venture off of the resort. Remember I also live 15 minutes out of Detroit so a bit dicey is what we are accustomed to.

Really wanted to do the cruise, but after all said and done, was way out of budget for this year.

We are looking at Atlantis now Staying at The Royal. So we would be on the resort. Just booked it, for 6 days. Kids will like the Waterpark and such. Shouldn't be too bad for our first trip to the Bahamas. May give me enough ammo for the Bimini journey as well. Price through AAA Travel was pretty decent. We looked at Baha Mar, the Grand Hyatt, but it priced out much more and out of our budget for this trip. (Trying to play it cool for long game on the boat upgrade I have been working :) .

1708539807971.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have traveled to Exuma … Georgetown to be exact… the last two summers!! It’s great!! Not as commercialized as Nassau … but still plenty to do! We rent a vehicle and a boat .. gone on excursions … stay at an air bnb for pretty cheap!! Beaches aren’t busy usually… it’s beautiful…
That looks awesome...... Girls wanted a bit more commercial for their first trip.......

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I get that!! lol… There is a Sandals Resort in Exuma as well ..
Was checking out the Sandals, looked like adult only and several were couples only.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke The travel warnings are for the interior, we don't plan on venturing off of Paradise Island. When we were in Jamaica, it was reportedly worse and we really didn't venture off of the resort. Remember I also live 15 minutes out of Detroit so a bit dicey is what we are accustomed to.

Really wanted to do the cruise, but after all said and done, was way out of budget for this year.

We are looking at Atlantis now Staying at The Royal. So we would be on the resort. Just booked it, for 6 days. Kids will like the Waterpark and such. Shouldn't be too bad for our first trip to the Bahamas. May give me enough ammo for the Bimini journey as well. Price through AAA Travel was pretty decent. We looked at Baha Mar, the Grand Hyatt, but it priced out much more and out of our budget for this trip. (Trying to play it cool for long game on the boat upgrade I have been working :) .

View attachment 215426
If you're not planning on going off resort then you'll be fine. Been to Nassau many times and ended up in sketchy parts. Was always fine. I used to travel to sketch places for work all the time and we'd get the travel notices. Largely if you don't draw attention to yourself, keep your mouth shut, and get somewhere safe before dark we were always fine.