• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bald Head Island, NC

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Headed to Bald Head Island with the family in mid-August. We won't have our boat with us, but I am wondering if anyone has been to the area and has any insight on the island. Also I am interested in doing a fishing charter while there and am wondering if anyone has any intel on good charters or the like.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't have any recommendations, but was reminded of this on local news last month. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article78955387.html
I don't know if this was ever resolved or what came of it, probably be drug out in courts for years. Just be mindful of "local" laws. ie a golf cart is a vehicle under the law. It is not a toy to be driven around like a crazy man. Don't let your kids drive it, unless they have a drivers license. Also don't be drinking and assume because you are driving a golf cart they won't arrest you for DUI. They have and they will. That goes for bicycles too. The cops at all the beach towns take the law by the book and then some, especially during the busy summer tourist season.

jet set

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
... Just be mindful of "local" laws. ie a golf cart is a vehicle under the law. It is not a toy to be driven around like a crazy man. Don't let your kids drive it, unless they have a drivers license. Also don't be drinking and assume because you are driving a golf cart they won't arrest you for DUI. They have and they will. That goes for bicycles too. The cops at all the beach towns take the law by the book and then some, especially during the busy summer tourist season.
Well put. Having grown up in a beach town, I can attest to that being very true. When you do get in trouble and say, "but I didn't know...", the cops love to say that "ignorance of the law is no excuse." The best thing to do is treat rental property like it is your own, and vacation spots like its your own neighborhood. Bald Head Island is a great place. Fishing is nothing special in the heat of august unless you want to catch sharks, or take the looong ride to the gulf stream. Relax and have a great time!