• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ball Fenders

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi eveveryone.... was wondering which boat ball fenders are you guys using? A link would be greatly appreciated... and actually preferring to buy something made in the great USA... Thanks.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Highly recommend, everyone loves my big black balls. It's the only way I feel safe in unprotected sand bars or tied up to something like a houseboat/pontoon. Also nice to have the extra cushion on those unprotected docks.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Where do you store them, or do you deflate them after each use?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Deflate them. I use regular fenders at the dock and my balls when anchored and tied up with other boats for longer periods of time.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2 balls position the boat too far from the dock, makes boss lady uncomfortable with boarding.
So 1 ball aft and an 8' fender forward fixes that, she boards from the front.
The ball is awesome, keeps the back of the boat from getting under the dock.
I store it under my feet at the helm so I can sit up on the "seat" or it stores in the head.
I promptly lost all the goofy little inflator deals that come with the balls.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I leave mine inflated and hang them off to the side from the tower, while anchored.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not a ball fender lover for a universal fender because they dont offer great protection along pilings. South Florida is primarily pilings in tidal waters where you need options of the linked Big B fender. The Big B can be deployed vertical for rafting up with other boats and horizontal with the pass through hole for your dock line for piling docking. Many uses! Go with the 8" if you think this style makes sense.

Taylor Made Boat Parts & Accessories | Big B (taylormadeproducts.com)

Last edited: