• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast Bags don't fill - Yamaha 242x

jadrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2020 Yamaha 242X. My Center ballast bag fills and drains without issue, but the side bags don't do anything. What am I supposed to do to get them to fill / drain?

Stanfna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have the same boat and had a similar issue. The controller (F3F-U8197-10-00) was bad and eventually died. It is covered under warranty, but Yamaha does not have any in stock and has no ETA.

jadrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did you start a warranty claim through Yamaha for your controller?

Also, I'm looking into the cable thing, thanks for the link. Is this just something you stop the boat, hook up to fill, hook up to drain type of thing? Sounds simple enough.

Stanfna

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Did you start a warranty claim through Yamaha for your controller?

Also, I'm looking into the cable thing, thanks for the link. Is this just something you stop the boat, hook up to fill, hook up to drain type of thing? Sounds simple enough.
Yes, the marina we dry stack our boat at is an authorized Yamaha dealer. They diagnosed the issue and said we are just waiting on parts.

As for the cable, yes... Stop the boat, plug it into the pump, attach other end to battery, and the pump runs (filling or emptying the bag). If you switch the polarity on the battery, the pump runs in the opposite direction. You have to do this on all three pumps (one for each bag). So it's not as fast as factory since it's one at a time, but it's better than nothing!!