• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ballast, dual battery and mounting questions......

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So I am in the process of installing my second battery in my 192 and I thought I had it all figured out where I wanted everything. I had cable lengths figured out etc........Well this morning I thought I would take my new ballast bag out of the box and test fit. The "original" plan was to use two bags on the seats, but I now think that at least one bag can stay in the rear compartment, thus saving precious seating and room on the boat. The problem is the bag won't fit with how I had the batteries situated.

Are there spots on the floor of the compartment that I can NOT put a screw? I want to move one the trays up from where the original tray is and I wasn't sure if I could put a screw in. I guess I don't know how much room is under the compartment and the bottom of the boat. Obviously I would use the shortest screw possible, I just don't want a hole in the bottom of the boat LOL.

Here is a picture of my plan......the contingency plan is to install one on the starboard side which I really don't want to do for the sake of wiring and cost of wiring. (i've spent too much already)

And since seeing the picture I took, you can't tell, but there is a lip or step up that starts at about half the right tray. This is the area I wasn't sure about putting two screws. You can kind of see that from the middle of the right tray left, there is a gap, but it meets the tabs of the second tray perfect.

IMG_2627.jpg

Can you put the batteries inline and let the bag go on the back side of the batteries? Shouldn't hurt the bag.

Yes, that may work. I hadn't looked at that because I was trying to keep the batteries back and "out of the way". I was just trying to keep the space as useable as possible and with a battery right under the seat it defeats that. I think the anchor light is mounted up higher on the other side and if so I'll check the length of its mounting screws.

Are there spots on the floor of the compartment that I can NOT put a screw? View attachment 20807
I've got a similar question about screw placement - in general. I want to add a dimmer switch (LEDs) and fuse block, for example, but just have an overall question (doubt) about where it's safe to put them. I just picked up my boat -- when it stops raining I'll get out there and start looking around. Maybe I'll figure it out by just looking, but if anyone has guidance, I'm all ears.

@CFD3Captain, maybe we'll see you on the water this summer. Where do you usually go? Seneca is close to you, isn't it?

@David D we plan to give Seneca a few goes this year. We've never been there so it may become our "home" lake but normally Salt Fork is where we go.

Any problems with the bag pushing against the batteries?? Also want to add that is air and not water , so maybe the bag is bulged a little more than it would if it had water in it
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
The bag will actually bulge and grow more with water in it. Just make sure no sharp corners. I have my batteries in battery boxes and my bags pushed against those last year.

I took the dremel to all the screws protruding from the rub rail and cut a piece of carpet that will cover all of them. Waiting for warmer weather to glue it in. I'm just afraid of the bag pushing on them.

I remove a screw from the anchor light bracket on the other side and it's very long. Kind of surprised me actually lol. I do like the layout with the batteries inline but not the bag pushing on them. :(

Definitely box them. I actually moved my batteries forward to avoid direct contact....

Yeah battery boxes are 18 bucks or so, plus it makes the batteries cost guard approved

Back