• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Ballast Pump Jumper Cable

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cambo - I need one of these for a 2016 242x E. similar to others, pump runs fine and fills and empties however one bag (port) says empty on connext however is about 20% full - need to empty so it sync's with the connext. please advise - thanks!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sending pm

Dornbox

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Cambo - I need one of these for a 2016 242x E. similar to others, pump runs fine and fills and empties however one bag (port) says empty on connext however is about 20% full - need to empty so it sync's with the connext. please advise - thanks!
That’s exactly how I used mine. I either hit fill until it thought it was full then used the jumper to fill actually them, or did the reverse. My connex still doesn’t fill or empty them right though so I find myself using the jumper to top off or completely drain my ballast bags anyway. Super handy!

B Young

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
This is mainly for the 2016 - 2022 boats with factory ballast it could possibly work with other models or be updated as I get more info on the different configurations .

It works for the 21,24 and 25 foot models see price listed below for the different models.

• Over ride and power up the pumps to drain water or fill to the max if the timers get out of sync with what’s in the bag.
  • Expand the system using plumbing fittings to allow the stock pumps to fill the transom bag or other bags eliminating the need for a tsunami or other type of plug in pump. I run two feed lines into the bag so it fills twice as fast.
  • Winterize the pumps by sucking in non toxic anti-freeze then discharging it so the fittings and bags don't have any water that could freeze and cause damage
  • Check the pumps operation to trouble shoot a faulty pump
  • Fresh water flush out if the boat is going to sit for winter storage you can flush out the corrosive salt water for longer pump life
  • Easy to pump out residual water that may be in the bag especially the center locker bag it tends to accumulate water due to a siphon effect and will end up 20% to 40% full
  • If your lake requires ballast to be flushed for cross contamination this will make it easier
Using this cable you can watch the bag to observe when it’s full or empty

This project was created by my 14 year old son all proceeds go to his sailboat fund . He likes the power of the wind I like the power of the jet drive

Price for the cable is $73.00 + $12.00 shipping to the lower 48. Includes detailed directions for optimal operation and labels for the pump connectors

Price for the 21 foot models $73.00 + $12.00 shipping

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-242xe-mods.19753/

View attachment 83415

View attachment 83416
We finally tried the cable and the pump didn't run. We checked and realized the the fuse blew in the cable. Maybe we need a new pump?
Thanks Bob

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The pump could be defective. A good way to troubleshoot is to put a new fuse in and test another pump and see if it works. If the fuse pops than there is a chance something else is wrong. Keep me posted.