• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast pump

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tried the factory ballast this past weekend and wasn't thrilled with the performance of the pump with regard to filling or draining the ballasts. While filling, the bags reached what I might consider 50% capacity before the pump quit and while draining, one bag emptied, the other was still 1/4 full, and the pump would continuously shut off after about 2-3 minutes tops. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Check the hoses going from the pump to the bag, mine had a slight kink in one that caused some of that unequal issue. Also the fill rate wont compare to other boats that have 1 pump per bag since we have 1 pump filling both. From the factory they are programmed to only fill about 60% of what the bags hold. There are other threads on here showing how to reprogram the timer to add fill time but you need to watch it as the bag is much larger than the space it is in. When I drain mine and I hear the pump start gasping, I grab the front of the bags and lift and fold to the back on top of itself to get them to drain more. This also opens up the storage space as well if needed to put the cooler back etc.

duffell_shawnee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! Makes since based on the location of the pump that one side would possible drain faster than the other. I ended up raising the bag to get what I could out of it. I'm sure once you use them it's not likely you get ALL the water out anyway.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wish they would have put more hose so you could easily disconnect for winter draining for sure. I plan on eventually replacing the bags with custom ones from wake makers and running new hose that is reinforced so it won't collapse... now this is just fore-sight. I will be cutting a vent into my port side bag and reconfiguring things a bit for surfing. I will do a full write up on it and where I sourced the parts if it is successful. I am also looking into adding trim tabs as well for future stuff and have a trick little plan for them as well. I am very particular about how things are installed, to make them look factory etc. I have a winter mod list growing each day...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The whole ballast mod for surfing is going to cost less than $200 as I have it planned... should be a good mod for all X owners.

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
The owners manual breaks down the operation very well. The first time you hit the button the pump will runs for a predetermined length of time filling the bag about 60-70%. You can then hit the button up to 6 more times I believe to get the bags full. Each additional push has a much shorter run time. The system is not the greatest and can easily be modified to your liking. There are plenty of members on here who have added ballast to their boats and have done amazing installs

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length