• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast setup for an LS2000

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any recommendations around ballast setup for my LS2000. I just want to increase wake for wakeboarding and maybe try surfing if possible.... because.

I don't need automatic fill or anything. Would I have some luck with a sac in the ski locker and a large bag on the back platform? Ideas and a prescription for getting this done?

Thank you

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I'm a bit interested in this too, mostly out of curiosity. There's a fair amount of unused space in the helm areas and honestly some decent space in the sides too. Otherwise it seems like if you wanted to load up you'd have to fill the locker and the back seats and the back step. Having sacs all over the floor seems like a lot of hassle, with the relatively cramped quarters.

In plow mode it puts off a decent sized wake, but the wave isn't very long. @jcyamaharider had an XR1800 and now seems to have a pretty good feel for what it takes to surf on a Yamaha. Maybe he would have advice.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tyler, have you ballasted your LX210?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen ballast that we can fit in the locker. We could also add a good size bag on the floor of the bow which should stretch the wave. Then I would want to put a bag on the rear platform or seat. If it was on the platform and sun deck we could still fit 5 on board.

I have to give this a shot just for the mechanics.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have never ballasted up one of these boats but I do not think it would take a ton of weight. I just do not know where I would put it at? My XR had no room what so ever for ballast.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the bug. Went out on a 242 yesterday and we were able to wake surf but since it didn't have ballast, we could not free ourselves from the rope. I think this should be doable on the LS and any ballast that I buy will be portable to my next boat. My son likes the idea of using the ballast to make a better wave for wake boarding so we will start there and see if we want to do more with the wake surf. It was fun and the falls didn't hurt as much as some of the wake boarding blows. My son did get a huge bump on his head from one fall on the wake Surf when the board slammed him on the top of his head (???).

I'll post when I get a decent wave or the boat sinks. Whichever comes first

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll post when I get a decent wave or the boat sinks. Whichever comes first
Um, I would like to vote for the former, please. :)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a kit from aerial that includes 2 x 350 pound sacs and an Atwood pump. Should ship today and I will test it out when it arrives.