• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast tanks for my ar240

T0jo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looking for any information to be able weight my ar240 boat down to be able to wake surf behind it does anyone have any good information on this? Locations weight ect...

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
being a new model we've not heard much feed back yet about ballast placement to surf on the '15

for previous models people have ran a 400-600 pound bag on the swim deck on the surf side and a 600-1,000 pound bag in the cabin either on the seat or floor on the surf side and maybe another 400 lbs under the cabin seats surf side.

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have a 2013 242. We surf all day long! I'm 215lbs and can go rope less on a 4'8" I plan on getting the 5'2', Byerly Buzz. Six of us in the boat, 500lbs of Lead Wake wake bags, 2 400 pound fat sacs and a wake wedge and it puts out a great wake. Looking to get another 750lb bag to put on the swim deck or back seats. I moved the batteries back and put the lead weight next to them. I then put one bag under the back port side seats.