• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Baltimore boat show—anybody going?

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Starts this Friday but I’ll be there on Saturday. I know Beacon Light Marina will be on site and probably Bayside.

Anyone else going?

I believe the boat show has been postponed (again) until next January. Here's the website.

Jim

Correction—it’s the Chesapeake Bay Boat show at the MD state fairground. Thank you.
I was at the Baltimore boat show in 2019 and it kinda sucked.

Opened today. Anybody go?

Boat show recap: disappointed that every single Yamaha on site was already sold so I couldn’t board any. Pretty sure they were sold before the show started and the dealer brought them anyway. First time seeing the 25 footers in person—didn’t disappoint although the 252SD looked more brown then red in person. Was hoping to convince the wife that we could go down to the 21ft series since my oldest has grown and moved but that didn’t happen.

Overall impression of the event was good—sat in several Regals, Crownliners, and Bennington pontoons. Fit and finish of these boats has come a long way and outdo the yamahas, but you pay for it.
52E24A3D-18E3-4188-8CC5-3048FBFC95BA.jpegED39734F-2615-4F9A-8214-02A8FDCB8505.jpegA1F4385E-4B2C-4C78-904E-D1031655FE69.jpegAD523A68-4998-4B2B-AC82-7D17868FCACD.jpegCF46197B-637A-4251-92C0-A963C348067D.jpeg38149C7A-BB21-40C8-987B-C29B14AE9C74.jpeg

Was an awesome show given the market/availability. I was happy to see it crowded. I really liked that 252. Some of those pontoons were other worldly. Overall was good times.

While it would have been nice to see the boats, I would have been disappointed if I couldn't board some of the boats. For me, part of the reason to see the boats in person is to sit on the seats to gauge the comfort of the boat.

Did the dealers have prices on the boats? If so, where they at MSRP or did the have a lot of added "fees"?

Jim

While it would have been nice to see the boats, I would have been disappointed if I couldn't board some of the boats. For me, part of the reason to see the boats in person is to sit on the seats to gauge the comfort of the boat.

Did the dealers have prices on the boats? If so, where they at MSRP or did the have a lot of added "fees"?

Jim
Didnt see any prices on the yamahas since they were pre sold.

Other dealers had "boat show" prices with marked discounts. I would imagine it's the same as RV shows and there isnt really a discount

Jim
I didn’t even check prices—probably would have annoyed me even more.

Pros and cons of this show over the Baltimore Boat Show? As many boats? Fewer boats? Different class of boats?

I would think access and parking is easier at the Fairgrounds than the Convention Center.

Jim

Pros and cons of this show over the Baltimore Boat Show? As many boats? Fewer boats? Different class of boats?

I would think access and parking is easier at the Fairgrounds than the Convention Center.

Jim
I would say about the same as the Baltimore show. Parking definitely was easier and free.

Back