• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ATL boat show…

After things not working out on the FSH 222 Sport last year, we'll be gearing up to just purchase a 25' FSH in the next year or 2. Will be interesting to see what the 1.9L SC motors bring in terms of performance gains when they come out.

Well @FSH 210 Sport it seems your flow chart worked. I showed it to my family while we sat on the boat and were discussing things and they were rolling. Ended up putting a deposit on a 2024 255XD in mist grey with the grey interior. WE loved it and amazed at the advancement in Yamaha technology from our 2014 242LS. So the flow chart "helped" .... or did it? LOL :oops:

Didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted there. They actually had a great selection of boats but, my little girl started coming down with a cold and wasn't feeling well so we left before the rest of us wanted to.

They Didn't have the discounts I was hoping for. Seemed Yamaha was selling at MSRP vs boat show pricing that most everyone else was offering. I got the mooring cover for "free" and they had discounted pricing on the 2-5yr YES warranties. I got them to throw in an anchor since the boat doesn't come with one (that's crazy).

Gotta say Yamaha "Park Marine" were writing contracts pretty steadily and from the other booths we did get to visit, they were doing just fine as well. Park Marine was the only Yamaha dealer there. I was hoping Wedowee Marine(Alabama) was there but they are doing an open house vs bringing everything to Atlanta. I totally get that logistical decision. Going to drop them a call tomorrow and have a chat and see if they can beat the pricing, prep fee's or freebies. Or drive over there tomorrow and talk.

I knew discounts may be slim and what boats cost so I'm not disappointed at all but would always like a good deal to help lessen the blow of how much I just spent. We are super excited. I think Momma is more excited than I am. They say delivery should be a couple of months since the one we sat on just sold. No hurry since it's winter and Now I gotta sell my amazing 242. She's been an absolute great boat. Hoping the 255 will carry on that tradition.

@granitetech talked to a guy with a GaTech shirt on, "Dan", at the Yamaha display but forgot to ask if that was you... My mind was "buffering" a little at that point LOL

IView attachment 213805View attachment 213806
Got my "I.T" department doing a little quick research LOLView attachment 213807View attachment 213808

Well, I’m glad that I could assist you in spending your money! Now I need to make up one of those flow charts about taking the boat out! Looks like @HangOutdoors found that Yamaha is offering up two more years of warranty as well, I see that on the Park Marine ticket there, $1900 worth of extended warranty, thats a win! Momma being excited is a big win as well! I hope you guys have a great summer on the new boat! Have to make the girls squeal a bit with that raw power and some sport boating ! There’s no Uhauls following the hearse to the graveyard!

For what’s its worth. On my 2024 255XD I have hit 57mph with two people and 3/4 tank. Puts you back in the seat with a hard hit on the throttle. Can’t imagine what the 1.9sc will feel like.

Lets just guess liberally for a moment.. the increase in power between the normally aspirated 1.8 and the SVHO 1.8 is 39%, from 180 hp to 250. If that same level of power increase holds true then the normally aspirated 1.9 should go from 200 hp to 278 hp in the SVHO configuration which will be referred to as 280 hp. So 560 hp in the 255 FSH for example, with a full tank of fuel would be a power to weight ratio of 1:9.8, the 1.8 version power to weight ratio is 1:11… or maybe they are going to squeeze it a bit harder and get 300hp out of the 1.9 engines who knows, well someone knows, we just don’t know who that is yet. If that were the case, then the power to weight ratio goes to 1:9.168. To put that power to weight ratio in perspective, a Porsche Turbo Targa has a power to weigh ratio of 1:13.

Well @FSH 210 Sport it seems your flow chart worked. I showed it to my family while we sat on the boat and were discussing things and they were rolling. Ended up putting a deposit on a 2024 255XD in mist grey with the grey interior. WE loved it and amazed at the advancement in Yamaha technology from our 2014 242LS. So the flow chart "helped" .... or did it? LOL :oops:

Didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted there. They actually had a great selection of boats but, my little girl started coming down with a cold and wasn't feeling well so we left before the rest of us wanted to.

They Didn't have the discounts I was hoping for. Seemed Yamaha was selling at MSRP vs boat show pricing that most everyone else was offering. I got the mooring cover for "free" and they had discounted pricing on the 2-5yr YES warranties. I got them to throw in an anchor since the boat doesn't come with one (that's crazy).

Gotta say Yamaha "Park Marine" were writing contracts pretty steadily and from the other booths we did get to visit, they were doing just fine as well. Park Marine was the only Yamaha dealer there. I was hoping Wedowee Marine(Alabama) was there but they are doing an open house vs bringing everything to Atlanta. I totally get that logistical decision. Going to drop them a call tomorrow and have a chat and see if they can beat the pricing, prep fee's or freebies. Or drive over there tomorrow and talk.

I knew discounts may be slim and what boats cost so I'm not disappointed at all but would always like a good deal to help lessen the blow of how much I just spent. We are super excited. I think Momma is more excited than I am. They say delivery should be a couple of months since the one we sat on just sold. No hurry since it's winter and Now I gotta sell my amazing 242. She's been an absolute great boat. Hoping the 255 will carry on that tradition.

@granitetech talked to a guy with a GaTech shirt on, "Dan", at the Yamaha display but forgot to ask if that was you... My mind was "buffering" a little at that point LOL

IView attachment 213805View attachment 213806
Got my "I.T" department doing a little quick research LOLView attachment 213807View attachment 213808
I wasn't wearing my Tech gear yesterday, lol. That is a beautiful boat.

The boat show was pretty fun, to gawk at all the stuff I can't afford!
A guy I was talking to in the Singleton Marine booth said they had sold over 100 boats in the 3 days and figured once follow-ups were done in the next couple weeks the total would end up over 150. I had no idea they did that kind of volume at the show. That is a LOT of money.

Good Lord! and that was just at Singelton. Guess the new boat market is still strong. What annoyed me was when you looked at the "payments are only X" the monthly terms were like a mortgage. Guess I shouldn't say annoyed me but surprised me at how long the terms are. Rv's and campers are the same way.

Had a quick talk with my salesman today at Park Marine and he said they way exceeded all sales goals for the weekend. Unfortunately, I cancelled my deposit with him. Had another Marine that wasn't at the show beat their price since their fee's and prep /freight etc were lower(or didnt have any) and added a few extra's plus the taxes in AL are 4.5% vs GA 7% (I believe).

I was told those massive Fountain center consoles with the huge yamaha 300hp Outboards on it had been sold. 2 of them!

Good Lord! and that was just at Singelton. Guess the new boat market is still strong. What annoyed me was when you looked at the "payments are only X" the monthly terms were like a mortgage. Guess I shouldn't say annoyed me but surprised me at how long the terms are. Rv's and campers are the same way.

Had a quick talk with my salesman today at Park Marine and he said they way exceeded all sales goals for the weekend. Unfortunately, I cancelled my deposit with him. Had another Marine that wasn't at the show beat their price since their fee's and prep /freight etc were lower(or didnt have any) and added a few extra's plus the taxes in AL are 4.5% vs GA 7% (I believe).

I was told those massive Fountain center consoles with the huge yamaha 300hp Outboards on it had been sold. 2 of them!

Right on.. you mentioned previously about possibly getting a better deal at the other place. Glad that worked out for you. Did the original place try and match the deal? I sort of did the same thing, bought my boat in MN but had to pay them to tow the boat to the first off ramp in SD to not have to pay MN sales tax, 7.8% in MN vs 3.5% in SD, even after paying for the towing I was up $1710.00.

Bit the best thing is the new boat is on its way!

The long term payment plans are the only way a lot of people can afford to buy things with high interest rates.

What did those Fountains go for? $1.5M?

When I was talking to the Singleton guy I was on a $280k boat. He comes up and says “ Hi I’m Dan”. I say “ Hi, I’m dreaming “. He says “pardon?” I said “Sorry actually my name is Randy but I’m sorta dreaming about this boat”. Anyway that’s the thing with boats. I really didn’t plan to spend $90k on a boat. And this boat I’m on would not make me 3x as happy as my FSH. But damn it’s nice.As it turns out he had to drive up from Pensacola to work the show and we lied about fishing for a while before he told me about their sales. At the end I concluded people who buy $300k boats are sorta insulated from the actual economy.

The long term payment plans are the only way a lot of people can afford to buy things with high interest rates.

What did those Fountains go for? $1.5M?

You’re right about the payments… didn’t mean to say anything bad about that but the term lengths are crazy. To each their own.

I couldn’t read the price on the fountain.. the stand with the description had a big ol’fat SOLD sign over most of it but, yea it had to be in that price range. It was massive and just gorgeous. Wished we could have stayed longer.Q

The original marine asked if he could match but I would have needed more than a match so we said thanks and good-bye. In the end , the other marine is easier to get too, I’ve done business with them and it’s where I’ll go for warranty work so it all works out in the end. Says deliver is Feb-Apr. perfect to get my other boat ready for a new home.

still pretty stocked.

You’re right about the payments… didn’t mean to say anything bad about that but the term lengths are crazy. To each their own.

I couldn’t read the price on the fountain.. the stand with the description had a big ol’fat SOLD sign over most of it but, yea it had to be in that price range. It was massive and just gorgeous. Wished we could have stayed longer.Q

The original marine asked if he could match but I would have needed more than a match so we said thanks and good-bye. In the end , the other marine is easier to get too, I’ve done business with them and it’s where I’ll go for warranty work so it all works out in the end. Says deliver is Feb-Apr. perfect to get my other boat ready for a new home.

still pretty stocked.

Didn’t take it in a bad way. I have a very long term to keep the monthly low but pay extra on the principal to cut the term and effective interest rate down.

Right on, you got a good deal, that boat you bought isn’t cheap! But nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good.

I’m sure we will all be looking forward to your maiden voyage with pics in the future!

Back