• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Batteries?

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well after two years of having my FSH the last two outings my starter battery would not crank the engine. My boat came with two AC Delco AGM batteries. I took the crank battery out and had it tested at Advance Auto and they said battery was good. Put battery back in made sure all connections were tight and made sure it was charged it up with my Pro Mariner dual bank charger/maintainer and still no good so I'm assuming the battery (despite what Advance Auto says) is no good anymore. Looking at replacing with two Optima batteries. Big Time battery seems to have best deals. My question is should I replace with the 34 group or upsize to the 27 group? Its only a $6 difference. I will have to replace to bigger battery trays if I do. Sucks having to drop another $470 for batteries... Better than Busting Out Another Thousand! Any suggestions on what others may have switched or upgraded to will be helpful in my search.....Thanks!

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ran into the same issue on my daughter's Impreza. Bought a new interstate battery and within a couple months started having issues. Went back and forth for a year with them testing and saying it was fine and that something else must be drawing on the battery. Finally got so fed up I went and bought another battery and have never had an issue since. So I have no faith in any battery test. On a boat the first time I have a battery issue with no explanation as why it went dead, that thing gets replaced. I've never used the Optima batteries due to cost but have always heard good things

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went through this with my last boat. Turned out to be a corroded starter.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went through this with my last boat. Turned out to be a corroded starter.
Yes I thought that too at first, but when I switched the "yellow switch" to both batteries it fired right up.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On the 210 FSH there is a fit issue with the larger battery. As the battery compartment has a recess that the batteries sit in. It's not large enough for the larger batteries. It will need a filler to accommodate the larger battery.