• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Drain

I've had battery drain problems in our 2006 SX210 since I purchased it used in 2009. I installed a battery switch which is great - as long as I remember to switch the battery off when I store the boat. If I forget the battery is drained in a matter of days.

I don't know what my original battery drain source was, perhaps the radio. It's not the bilge pump because I'm storing the boat dry on the trailer and the bilge pump is switched off at the console. I think the drain got much worse after I installed the PerfectPass system.

I'm thinking of installing a Vico-Power Plus - Intelligent-Battery Power Management Device BDP (Battery Discharge Prevention) which will work if the power required is less than 2A. I haven't done research to see if there is a higher power model available. This device will cut power if the battery drops below a selected voltage, or the device is exposed to a certain temperature, or if the unit exceeds a selected time duration. The Vico Plus is designed for dash cameras.
Have you tried locating the drain with a volt meter @jdonalds? With all your switches off & battery switch on, remove all of the black wires from your negative post on your battery. With the meter in DC amp mode put the red meter lead on the positive battery terminal, touch each negative lead, one at a time until you get a current reading. That lead will go to the vampire that's sucking the life out of your battery.

Have you tried locating the drain with a volt meter @jdonalds? With all your switches off & battery switch on, remove all of the black wires from your negative post on your battery. With the red meter lead on the positive battery terminal, touch each negative lead, one at a time until you get a voltage reading. That lead will go to the vampire that's sucking the life out of your battery.
That's got to be my next move. The battery switch works great but twice this summer i forgot to switch it off.

I went to take my 2011 242 out yesterday and neither battery’s would turn over at all. No clicking no nothing but the radio and all came on. I took the batteries out brought them home put them on a trickle charge overnight check them with a tester and shows the batteries are just fine . I made sure the Boat was in neutral also. Any ideas?

Clean out plug hatch switches.

Back