• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery draining

Kase

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Yamaha 212x. Dual battery with a DSVR system. My house battery loses 1-2 volts a day when on the water. House battery is brand new. Was showing 13.4 volts upon install. After one day of boating it was down to 12. I charged it back to 13. Next day it was down to 11.8 volts. We don’t use our stereo when floating. It seems something is excessively drawing power, or the stator isn’t doing it’s job. Is there a way to test the stators, or test the DSVR output?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you have a voltage leak. Those are horrible to trace. Basically you need to get an ammeter (one of the functions of any normal multimeter), turn everything off that you can other than the DSVR. Start at the fuses and see which circuits are drawing power, even while off. Then you need to go to each item on that circuit and disconnect it until you find the item that is creating the draw. You can normally expect a little draw from things like the stereo (it will be keeping the memory alive with a slight draw), but it sounds like something is drawing a lot...