• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Isolator or Automatic Charging Relay?

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Installing a 2nd battery. I’m leaning toward installing an Automatic Charging Relay vs. a Battery Isolator. One battery for starting and the 2nd for stereo. Thoughts from anyone’s experience? Thanks in advance!

Just Phishing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can tell you from the factory a battery disconnect is used in the fashion you describe on the 240s. I would think there would be an advantage to being able to manually disconnect them in the event of a electric fire.