• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Questuon

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_9148.JPG IMG_9155.JPG i have a battery question here is a picture of the battery that I have in my 2016 AR192
One of my friends gave me smart battery charger. I can't figure out what settings that I use is it wet, gel or agm. Also temp and charge rate do I use?
Thank you

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what about charge rate do i use 2A, 10A or 30A

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2 amp is a trickle charge to keep it charged. 30 amp would be to jump start if batt was totally drained and you wanted to start boat. I have heard from friends with motor homes if you leave it on trickle charge all the time you battery won't last as long.
Maybe a battery expert will post more info !