• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery switch to get power to connext

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So unless I'm missing something..when my boat is in the driveway, for me to turn on the connext I have to have the Start and House battery both on? Seems like I should just be able to turn on the screen and use functions w/ just the House battery on right?

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So is this the same for when Im on the water in “float mode”? Bilge works even w/o batteries on correct

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So is this the same for when Im on the water in “float mode”? Bilge works even w/o batteries on correct
Yes, the bilge pump works even w/o the batteries switched on; it has a separate hardwire connection running directly to the battery.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
yes i confirmed this yesterday since it was different in the past. the bilge used to be on only when the batter switches were on. i had everything off yesterday and put the hose in my bilge to fill it up so i could flush all the construction garbage out the drain. bilge pump kicked on.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
yes i confirmed this yesterday since it was different in the past. the bilge used to be on only when the batter switches were on. i had everything off yesterday and put the hose in my bilge to fill it up so i could flush all the construction garbage out the drain. bilge pump kicked on.
it was crazy how much junk i had in mine too

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not have a new 252, but it sounds like the dealership that installed the batteries did not hook them up correctly. You should be able to just have the house battery on to use Connext. The entire reason they call it a"House Battery". The batteries are installed at the dealer, not by the Yamaha Factory.

Many past post on here on 240's. 242's that were the same way, mine included. Once the cables were connected correctly , problem solved.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I do not have a new 252, but it sounds like the dealership that installed the batteries did not hook them up correctly. You should be able to just have the house battery on to use Connext. The entire reason they call it a"House Battery". The batteries are installed at the dealer, not by the Yamaha Factory.

Many past post on here on 240's. 242's that were the same way, mine included. Once the cables were connected correctly , problem solved.
Manual states both batteries for the 252

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
if im not mistaken my 275 is the same way. both batteries and the key switch need to be on before the connext will fire up. i cant seem to find where it states anything in the manual though.

Last edited:

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s interesting, doesn’t make sense to me since you could now run down both batteries and be stranded.Granted you would have to be pulling allot juice for a period of time.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
One thing I have not tried is while in “float mode” turning off the “start battery”.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Different models may have different wiring configurations

I think the u connect for the 2017XE and similar models is tied to the dash instruments / Start Battery because its really part of the start circuitry but has the ability to operate controls on the stereo . The head unit of the stereo and amplifiers are tied to the house battery. This makes perfect sense of why both battery switches need to be on if your start battery is in real bad shape yes the connext could possibly drain it down but the battery would most likely be throwing codes if it was that week.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
To stay on topic, this is for 2021 specific 252 models.

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
To stay on topic, this is for 2021 specific 252 models.
I have the 2021 252SE and mine requires both batteries to be on in order to power the Connext screen. I checked the wiring to the batteries, and they seem to be installed correctly. (Only 2 red wires, one on each battery, going to the correct switches)

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have the 2021 252SE and mine requires both batteries to be on in order to power the Connext screen. I checked the wiring to the batteries, and they seem to be installed correctly. (Only 2 red wires, one on each battery, going to the correct switches)
Really does seem odd BUT I trust the engineers

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I just went out to verify this on my boat to make sure i was giving correct info. Definitely needs both batteries in to power up the connext. Neither one alone will do it. 2021 275sd.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So them wht is the purpose of the emergency parallel switch?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well if one battery goes dead you can power both house and start circuits with one batteey

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same setup for my 2021 212SE

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Seoul76 Our 2020 model will fire up the Connext with just the House battery on, however once booted up the Connext will sound an alarm to let me know the Start battery is not turned on. I like this as it means it will warn of power drops and both battery levels are displayed all the time while the screen is on. If wired properly, both battery switches can be on, but only the House should drain when floating and using the stereo or other electrical items. The Start should remain fully charged and ready to start the engines when needed. You can confirm this by ensuring both are fully charged, then float with the tunes on and only the House battery level should drop.

The yellow Both/Combine switch is only there in the event you drain the Start from frequent start/stop cycles and you need the House to help boost the starters. Once started, you can turn the yellow switch back to isolate the batteries and they will both continue to charge from the running engines.