• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Tender Installation Help

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Purchased and would like to install a two battery battery tender (Deltran Battery Tender 022-0165-DL-WH). However, not certain how to connect so that both batteries can be charged simultaneously or in a first and second order. Boat is a 2017 190 FSH Deluxe with one battery each installed by manufacturer on the port and starboard compartments closest to the stern. Battery switches are located in the port compartment and it appears that primary battery cabling is also on the port compartment. Starboard battery appears to be wired as a secondary/slave. Any input info would be greatly appreciated.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your battery tender has two sets of positive and negative leads I believe you just need to attach a set to each battery and the tender will automatically charge both or the weaker of the two first depending on how the tender is configured from the factory.

If you only have a single bank tender with one set of positive and negative leads you may be able to attach it directly to the switch to select which battery is charged/maintained and / or wire the batteries so that they will be charged and maintained by the single bank tender.

In my case I just bought and installed a two bank charger / maintainer, no need to become a quasi electrical engineer to accomplish this when all of the guess work can be eliminated by spending a few more dollars on the right tender/charger/maintainer for the task at hand.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the response and info. Will try connecting each battery independently to the battery tender.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hector, would you mind posting a few pictures of the wire routing for the starboard battery? I have a 2016 and plan to relocate one of the batteries to the other side of the engine bay.

Thanks

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hector, would you mind posting a few pictures of the wire routing for the starboard battery? I have a 2016 and plan to relocate one of the batteries to the other side of the engine bay.

Thanks[/QUOTE
The battery tender I purchased is dual battery capable. I installed battery tender on the port side battery compartment and connected tender to battery. I also purchased extension for tender to battery connector. I then ran this extension from the port battery compartment to the starboard battery compartment via existing drain holes from the battery - engine - battery compartments. I also purchased external a/c pass through connector that I installed on the rear exterior of the boats port side and internally connected the tender to the a/c internally. This permits me to charge batteries without having to open any of the compartments. Installation is actually very simple. I will attempt to take and post pics tomorrow.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Thanks
Following is the hardware I purchased for the installation from amazon.

NOCO GCP1 13 Amp 125V AC Port Plug with Integrated Extension Cord

Battery Tender 022-0165-DL-WH 12-Volt 2-Bank Battery Management System

Battery Tender 08101486 Snap Cord Extension Cables - 6ft.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info, a picture or two would be nice

Thanks

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Thanks
IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1046.JPG IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1049.JPG IMG_1050.JPG IMG_1051.JPG

Sorry for dealy in posting. Pics Follows explanation i provided earlier. First two pics are posted twice tried to get rid of them, but could not figure out how to do it. Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Last edited:

Eddie Hernandez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
View attachment 70245 View attachment 70246 View attachment 70247 View attachment 70248 View attachment 70249 View attachment 70250

Sorry for dealy in posting. Pics Follows explanation i provided earlier. First two pics are posted twice tried to get rid of them, but could not figure out how to do it. Please feel free to ask any other questions.
Hector, just a sugestion. But instead of passing the wires through the engine hull without any heat protection. I would suggest you connect the connectors of the battery tender to the back of the switches for the second battery or switching the battery over. Just my opinion.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
View attachment 70245 View attachment 70246 View attachment 70247 View attachment 70248 View attachment 70249 View attachment 70250

Hector, just a sugestion. But instead of passing the wires through the engine hull without any heat protection. I would suggest you connect the connectors of the battery tender to the back of the switches for the second battery or switching the battery over. Just my opinion.
Love the idea but do not know the wiring sequence. Could you provide pic, diagram or written instructions. For the wiring. Always thought this was possible but could not find any info on how to do it.

Eddie Hernandez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Love the idea but do not know the wiring sequence. Could you provide pic, diagram or written instructions. For the wiring. Always thought this was possible but could not find any info on how to do it.
Sorry, i do not have any pictures as i dont have a boat lol but behind the battery switchs are the terminals for each battery and the one for the motors. Im guessing the second battery on the other side is the house battery. Just unscrew the switch and put the tender cables to the terminal. Or follow the positive and negative leads from the batterry to know exactly which one it is .

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sorry, i do not have any pictures as i dont have a boat lol but behind the battery switchs are the terminals for each battery and the one for the motors. Im guessing the second battery on the other side is the house battery. Just unscrew the switch and put the tender cables to the terminal. Or follow the positive and negative leads from the batterry to know exactly which one it is .
Thanks will give it a shoot.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Appreciate the pictures Hector, that helps me out a lot in modifying my set up.