• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery tender

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Silly question -but any recommend a 2 bank tender that uses the alligator clips instead of rings as i like to use the boat periodically in the fall and spring and don’t want to use the rings (for quicker hookup and removal). Or is this something you buy separately ?
Unless you’re moving it between equipment, most mount it inside the boat and leave it hooked to battery full time. Just plug it in when you need it. Some install thru hull adapters to make access to the plug easier, but isn’t required.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Silly question -but any recommend a 2 bank tender that uses the alligator clips instead of rings as i like to use the boat periodically in the fall and spring and don’t want to use the rings (for quicker hookup and removal). Or is this something you buy separately ?
Also.... if this is your route, just get whatever model you like and cut the ends off and splice on the alligator clips. No biggie. :)

I went the other way on my 12v air inflator and cut the alligator clips off and installed rings for permanent use.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok -so either going to get the ProMariner 12 Sport or the Noco 2 Bank. The ProMariner is 12 amp rated, while the Noco is 8am (each for 2 batteries) - is 4amps per battery sufficient (Noco) or should I do the ProMarine (which is 12 amps). I like the Noco - seems smaller and easier to read for each battery - but not sure which way to go for my 2 battery factory setup. Thanks in advance

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the input and I bought the Pro12 ProMariner and will install. Next question is batteries. My 2016 242LS came with two interstate 24M-RD batteries. They are both cranking batteries, and seem to be on the cheaper side. With two 600 watt amps installed, I'm going to need more power (although I won't beach for more than 1-2 hours of music playing at a time) per day.
Question:
1. Can I have a starting cranking battery, and a deep cycle house battery. (My stereo installer said they should be the same (cranking both or deep cycle- I think he's wrong)
2. Can I have a Group 24 cranking, and then use a Group 27 or 31 for deep cycle house battery?
3. Should I just get two Dual purpose batteries.

Finally, maybe a high quality Group 24M deep cycle house battery is sufficient? (For 1-2 hours of music) -without having to go to a larger Group 27 or 31.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance

HookJet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you guys mount your chargers?