• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery wiring right?

Jzelek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought a used 2016 242xe and first time I noticed that I needed both my starter and house switch on for anything to come on in the boat. When I first pulled up to a sand bar I instinctively shut the start battery to off and it shutdown everything. So I’m wondering if it’s wired correctly or maybe one of the batteries is dead?
House battery connections:
All the amp positives go to the house positive, same for the amp negatives to the house negative. There is a positive running from the house battery to the house switch.
There is a negative from one motor running to the house negative.
The house battery and start battery have negative bridge.
Start battery connections:
There is a negative from one motor to the start battery.
The DVSR is connected to the negative on the start battery.
There some other cable connected to the negative on the start battery.
There is a positive from the start battery to the start switch.
Reading as much of the other stuff as I could before I made a post. But I’m honestly lost when it comes to electrical stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh, on the connext when motors are off start battery reads 12.3 house reads 12.4. If I parallel them start battery jumps to 12.4. Those are basically discharged numbers right?

Attachments

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The dvsr should have a small gauge ground wire (the one with the yellow tag) but the other 2 thick wires must be connected to the positive terminals. This connection may be made at the battery or at the battery switch (switched side or hot side).

Is it the bep dvsr? https://www.bepmarine.com/~/media/inRiver/329437-25323.pdf is it integrated with the battery switches? If so, the positive connections are internal.

Could the positive lead for the accessories be on the wrong battery? Which of the 2 batteries is the house?

That's normal voltage reading at the connext screen, they read about 0.3V low due to small wire size.

This might help: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2018-242x-house-battery-while-anchored-question.19127/ "You turn key off, start battery off, house battery on and push the SYS/CRTL button for 3 sec. and the Connext system will boot."

Last edited:

Jzelek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The dvsr should have a small gauge ground wire (the one with the yellow tag) but the other 2 thick wires must be connected to the positive terminals. This connection may be made at the battery or at the battery switch (switched side or hot side).

Is it the bep dvsr? https://www.bepmarine.com/~/media/inRiver/329437-25323.pdf is it integrated with the battery switches? If so, the positive connections are internal.

Could the positive lead for the accessories be on the wrong battery? Which of the 2 batteries is the house?

That's normal voltage reading at the connext screen, they read about 0.3V low due to small wire size.

This might help: https://jetboaters.net/threads/2018-242x-house-battery-while-anchored-question.19127/ "You turn key off, start battery off, house battery on and push the SYS/CRTL button for 3 sec. and the Connext system will boot."
Thanks. House was the bow most battery. Starter was closest to the switches. I did some more digging last night too and came up with what you suggested at the bottom of your post. Supposed to have some weather coming in, so boat is covered right now. Going to try the Sys/Crtl button once I can get to it.