• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bayliner Reflexx with Mercury 90 Sport jet BY1999

Rikkert

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dear jet boaters,

This week i bought a Bayliner Reflexx, engine start system works but unfortunately it doesn't give any spark on any of the 3 spark plugs. Hopefully you can supply me whit some of your technical knowledge as i would like to trouble shoot the electric system.

What has been done so far:
The switch box is connected correctly with the black/yellow wire disconnected. (Don't know if the switch box works properly)
Coils of the sparkplugs have been checked all 0.2 ohms in-between green and black connection.
Spark plug wire connections renewed so it makes good contact with the coils.
Cleaned the grounding of the spark plug coils.

My questions:
1. Does anyone have a correct electric diagram that show all electric components that are attached to the engine. At this moment i have several electric components that seem to be originally installed to the engine but don't match with the wire diagram i have. (See attached pictures 1, 2, 3, 3.1)
2. Does anyone have clear pictures on how the wiring on this engine should be connected?
3. How to check/measure through the stator and what resistance to measure. Should i be able to measure any voltage while starting the engine?
4. How to check/measure through the trigger and what resistance to measure. Should i be able to measure any voltage while starting the engine?
5. How to check/measure through the switch box and what resistance to measure.

Hope you anyone can help me further.

Kind regards,
Rik

Attachments