• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beef Stew Cooked in a Red Wine

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tonight I decided to go ahead and make a stew. I reviewed a number of recipes and finally decided on two: one fromThe City Tavern which s early American cuisine and the other Jubilee which has two centuries of African American cooking. Although some what similar I went mostly with the recipe from Jubilee because it used 4 cups of wine. So I figured I kill two birds with one stone. I used the whole bottle in the stew and didn't have to clean any wine glasses. I cooked it down for about two to three hours. The ingredients were simple onions, carrots, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoe paste and bayleaves with cubes of meat dusted in flour mixed with garlic salt and garlic pepper and sweet and smoked paprika. These were my additions as the original recipe did not call for it. It was served over noodles.[flag]

F682B844-CF9D-4033-B878-8968B79CAF19_1_201_a.jpeg47D1FA04-EE04-4F65-A221-D80C9F7D0BEE_1_201_a.jpeg

The Mia Fay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Tonight I decided to go ahead and make a stew. I reviewed a number of recipes and finally decided on two: one fromThe City Tavern which s early American cuisine and the other Jubilee which has two centuries of African American cooking. Although some what similar I went mostly with the recipe from Jubilee because it used 4 cups of wine. So I figured I kill two birds with one stone. I used the whole bottle in the stew and didn't have to clean any wine glasses. I cooked it down for about two to three hours. The ingredients were simple onions, carrots, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoe paste and bayleaves with cubes of meat dusted in flour mixed with garlic salt and garlic pepper and sweet and smoked paprika. These were my additions as the original recipe did not call for it. It was served over noodles.[flag]

View attachment 167464View attachment 167465
wow what time is dinner

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So .... beef bourgignon ? ;)
Classic French cooking, love it. Also goes great with mashed potatoes.

Avanewman

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Oh man, that looks really nice. I guess Ramsay would definitely like it. I’ve actually made a mistake reading this thread at night. Btw, yesterday I tried a new dish too. Actually, it’s quite simple, but I’ve never had it before. So, it’s a sandwich made of white bread, bacon, and cheese, but I made it on fire. We bought this thing https://www.amazon.com/pie-iron-for-campfire-cooking/dp/B088H42W2L. So, whenever I want to make some sandwiches for my family, I use this thing. Tastes really nice.

Last edited: