• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beneteau offloading Scarab

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Its not the end of Scarab... Everyone needs to take a deep breath in.. To get more info on this join Scarab Jet Boats on Facebook.. Leonard Maraist who created the page has explained it better to everyone ready to jump off the bridge.. He is one of the top Scarab dealers out there. I too said oh no until I read the story behind it.. Here is what he pretty much said... Group Beneteau was ever only interested in boats 28' and bigger the whole time.. They took over the Scarab name back in 13-14 I believe.. They had the rights to the mold ect.. All they had to do was put the boats together.. That's all they have been doing for the last 6 years.. They have been waiting for sales to take off (Scarabs are on back order till Dec now).. This is their chance to sell the brand to someone (rumors are maybe Polaris) who will build the brand and not just maintain it.. At the end of the day this may be the best thing for Sacarb owners.. Plus its a 5 year plan.. Its not happening over night and dealerships arent going to stop servicing them any time soon.. Go to the Facebook page and read up on it.. Very informative group..
Enjoy your Scarab like I do....
I did not read Leonard's post, but it makes sense. Beneteau built the brand as an asset for future sale. It is a much more attractive brand if it has nationwide sales, service, support, and a loyal following. I'm fairly confident that Scarab will continue to produce boats well into the future. Beneteau has committed to offloading Scarab sometime in the next 5 years....that should be long enough to find a buyer.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like a typical holding company - buy low, maximize the companies net worth, then sell them for top dollar. If this is the case, it's a net positive for current Scarab owners as it shows that the company is profitable and should be attractive to potential buyers. With that being said, I hope that Scarab gets picked up by a company that is more concerned about building the brand than maxing it out and selling it for the largest possible profit. Allowing Yamaha to monopolize the jet market and basically choose whatever price structure they want is bad for consumers. Hopefully Vortex and Glastron will come up with strategies that are positive for them as well.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know Polaris was mentioned but Kawasaki would make a decent suitor for Scarab boats since they have a decent PWC line

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Scarab lover here and have only had a great experience with the Scarab product. Dealer responsiveness varies, but not entirely the fault of Scarab Channel. BRP is a solid manufacturer of engines /components as stated and have been around for a bit. I agree with what the others have stated- do not worry. And if the rumors are true (re: Polaris) that just means the future product has the potential to be even sweeter.

To all who have purchased Scarab- you did your homework and bought your boat of choice! Remember: any boat can fail, parts be discontinued, or company go out of business, but generally speaking they can all be fixed too. So until that happens.... Have a little faith in your decision and enjoy your boat ;).

........For those who have had something bad happen, focus on fixing it and getting back in the water! $.02

rzrcrazy2014

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Maybe I can find a screaming deal on a new scarab

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Not gonna happen. I mean, you can find a good deal but not due to this news. This is just a company selling off a brand (that is profitable) to allow more space for their larger boats.

Boatinmama14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From a dealership standpoint (we sell Scarab) there is no worry on our end or concern for this to go negatively for Scarab. Scarab sales have actually been up. I would not be concerned if you own or were looking into a Scarab.

rzrcrazy2014

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
From a dealership standpoint (we sell Scarab) there is no worry on our end or concern for this to go negatively for Scarab. Scarab sales have actually been up. I would not be concerned if you own or were looking into a Scarab.
what is the website for your boat dealership? I really want to do a hands on inspection of a scarab. I live in Austin Texas and looks like I will have to drive to Lafayette La just to see one in person. I have a hard time ordering a $70k boat without looking at a floor model first. I really love the scarab based on all the online info. But local Marine Max told me they are dropping the line and that does not leave a dealer / repair center with a 6 hour drive. 😢

Boatinmama14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
what is the website for your boat dealership? I really want to do a hands on inspection of a scarab. I live in Austin Texas and looks like I will have to drive to Lafayette La just to see one in person. I have a hard time ordering a $70k boat without looking at a floor model first. I really love the scarab based on all the online info. But local Marine Max told me they are dropping the line and that does not leave a dealer / repair center with a 6 hour drive. 😢
Here you go!
That happened to another dealer in FL that had them. We have had a good experience selling them, from what Ive seen not enough people know about them, but I don't know anyone that has one that is unhappy with it. I prefer them to Yamaha, but that's just from personal experience getting ride in, and drive them.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I wish Scarab and all Scarab owners well. It is an iconic brand that has delivered many exciting products over the years that have, no doubt, brought much joy to many owners and enthusiasts. Current Scarab owners will likely be fine regardless of whether the brand is picked up by some other owner or not. The drive trains, obviously, will continue to be backed and served by BRP.

Note this forum was built on the friendly and open exchange of information and ideas about jetboats of all brands and types and is open to anyone interested. Your comment "stop listening to outsiders who chime in" is snide, unnecessary, and unwelcome.
The drive trains are the key. BRP will still likely be around for parts. They make motors for things besides boats and those items are in high demand right now. BRP has reorganized and moved out of the Evinrude products. I don’t see BRP going away with airplanes and 4-wheelers still using their motors. It will be interesting to see and many on here know how hard I worked and the many pains I suffered in getting out of my Glastron to get into my new 212s. I couldn’t be happier and I wish everyone the best!