• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bent Bench Seat Support Pole

cgarofalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey Everyone, new Yamaha boat owner here! I recently purchased a new-to-me 2020 AR190 and have really enjoyed combing through the posts here to gather ideas. Much to my wife's displeasure, I think I ended up spending almost $1200 on mods before I even had the boat thanks to this site and there's no end in sight at this point. lol Something I noticed on my last trip out was that my bench seat seemed to be sagging in the middle. Upon further inspection I noticed that the support pole under the seat was actually curved. So now I am curious, is it supposed to be curved, or do I have a bent support pole? Here are the pics of the bench and pole:
seat pole.jpgseat.jpg
Is it supposed to be curved / bent like that? I see I can order a new one, but didn't want to do that if that's the way it's supposed to be.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My '17 AR190 isn't like that. That support pole is straight. Pretty certain that isn't supposed to be like that.

I'm 225lbs and have literally JUMPED on that seat before and not bent it like that. Wonder what the original owner did to make it bend that way?!?!

I don't think there is anything special about that pole either. You could probably replace it with a piece of aluminum pipe/tubing from your local hardware store if the Yamaha piece is expensive, or slow to deliver.

cgarofalo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My '17 AR190 isn't like that. That support pole is straight. Pretty certain that isn't supposed to be like that.

I'm 225lbs and have literally JUMPED on that seat before and not bent it like that. Wonder what the original owner did to make it bend that way?!?!

I don't think there is anything special about that pole either. You could probably replace it with a piece of aluminum pipe/tubing from your local hardware store if the Yamaha piece is expensive, or slow to deliver.
Thanks @2kwick4u I suspected that was the case. I hadn't thought about getting the pole from the hardware store, but considering that the part is around $100 through Yamaha, your idea sounds like the play right now! Thanks again.