• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bent cobra jet steering fin

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey I noticed today one of my fins on my boat are bent. I assume I hit something in the water and really want to try to straighten it but am afraid I might break it. Wondering if any one knows if this style is still available or would I have to replace both pairs if I jack it up somehow?

Attachments

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bend it back by hand, it's aluminum.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I started too earlier when I pulled it out of water but was afraid I might break it. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait a bit, let Jeff from Cobra Jet answer you before you do anything.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok will do. It would be next weekend before I get it back out anyway. Thanks for responding

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would contact @Cobra Jet Steering LLC, he will help you. Either send it out for he to straiten it out or else.

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Those are old style fins they are made of stainless steel and will bend easily that is why it bent when you hit something so you can bend it back clamp a couple pieces of plywood to the fin just long enough to for leverage to straighten it.

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the help. I assumed that’s what I should do but didn’t want to try to bend it back and ruin it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The way I fix them is to cut out the brace grind down the weld place the fin in a 20 ton press between 2 pieces of heavy flat plate steel to get them straight then weld in a new cross brace. but that takes time to ship them to me and wait for them to go back I still have a few of the cross braces in my shop example of how that works bent, cut apart and flattened and finally fixed. I have not made that style for many years but there are a lot still out there being used.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I will try to straighten it. Thanks for the replies