• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Berber carpet replacement

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just wondering if anyone has ever replaced the carpet in their boats and if so what kind of carpet did you use?? I don't think I want to go with the Seadeck or Hydroturf material and my carpet is starting to look a little run down. I would also like to maybe go with a red color carpet instead of gray...maybe. Just looking for ideas on what kind and where you found it. Thanks.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am going to be putting in deckadence marine flooring, Jim, when my carpet wears out. They use it on high profile yachts and is actually as cheap as or cheaper then hydro turf. Look it up on youtube.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, I remember seeing that product before on a youtube video. Look pretty nice, especially the part where you can take it and wash everything right through it. I wonder how durable it is??

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I seen you can order a sample for 5 bucks so I might do that and get a few colors to see in the boat.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, we sure enjoyed four solid days of boating over the holiday. Until now, I planned to ride out my old carpet a few more seasons; but after a few days of water sports soaking it down... yikes...that smell came out of nowhere! Guess I'll give 'em a good "Amazing" washing; but between turf, new carpet and Deckadence, I am simply at a loss for what to do inside. There are so many pros/cons to each. As the kids get older, I believe we will be seeing a lot more water in the boat from the sports, so new carpet may not be the best option anymore. The durability of Hydroturf or SeaDek in the cockpit concerns me a bit, especially given the process to replace, though I could finally appreciate the benefit with four kids soaking everything and tracking in sand. Deckadence seems like a nice splurge; but no one going that route has seemed to comment on satisfaction and I am concerned about the ease of access to the two (popular) floor compartments in my SX210 if I have to flip the whole section up to get to it or have multiple splits that don't truly line up when flat. I know flooring is very much a personal preference; but with my girls (6,4,1) growing up fast and making friends, I am open to recommendations from anyone having lived through this similar stage of boating life. Thanks!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
i think that's what they put in the mastercrafts....if so....it's really nice stuff. i would probably go that route when our carpet wears out. i like the fact the water flows right through and doesn't hold any musty odors.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are interested in going with carpet again, there are quite a few places that you can get a custom fit snap in carpet. Here is one place:
http://www.snapincarpet.com/index.cfm

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mel sold me his berber carpet and the boat looks like a million bucks compared to the when I had the blue OEM carpets installed. I would recommend a high pile stiff berber (wish mine was longer and stiffer-old age). It feels great on the bare feet too! I posted some pictures on the "other site" if you want I will take a before and after2013-06-15 16.24.29.jpg

Last edited: