• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best boat cleaner?

Jenny285

Reaction score
Boat Make
Carolina Skiff
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What do you guys use for your fiberglass boats to get them really clean? I've used a few products and was looking at some of the cleaners listed here 4 Best Boat Cleaners Reviews for 2019- Get Your Boat in Top Shape with. I just do not know which one to use. I would love some feedback for tried and true products that don't cost an arm and a leg. Thanks!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
My dad and I tested out 4 different hull cleaners side by side. Of the ones we tried, the Spray Nine was by far the best and generally worked really well. Sorry for the Canadian link:

Spray Nine Marine Boat Bottom Cleaner, 946-mL | Canadian Tire

Doesn't require much elbow grease as compared to others. I usually lightly mist the hull, then apply the cleaner, brush it on (usually doesn't require too much effort here), let it sit a few minutes, then rinse off. Done.

Jenny285

Reaction score
Boat Make
Carolina Skiff
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks like it would be perfect! I am guessing it could be shipped to the US?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I have no idea if Canadian Tire ships to the USA, but I'm certain you can get this somewhere in the USA. Amazon seems to carry their products: Spray Nine

I would avoid importing to the USA... cost you an arm and a leg.

Jenny285

Reaction score
Boat Make
Carolina Skiff
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you so much!!

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hot Sauce/Boat Bling is the best I have used.

Jenny285

Reaction score
Boat Make
Carolina Skiff
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! I will check it out!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have been using the Starbrite line of products for years now. Many of their products can be found at local hardware stores. I can say that Instant Hull Cleaner works very well to remove the growth, including zebra mussels, from a season of wet slipping. Their non-skid cleaner works on deck. Spider Away works, as well as the Spider and Bird Stain remover. I have had bad luck with their small spray on gel bottles leaking during use. But with two boats to clean we buy in bulk and apply with an extendable car brush, from a bucket. Many here use Boat Bling Hot Sauce to keep their hulls free of hard water spots after use.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
3M Marine, It is a good detergent and is recommended by many, there are many other substances you can find more information in here.

Last edited:

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I started using S100 Total Cycle Cleaner to clean the boat.
With a brush and water rinse it is removing all dark and yellow spots and making hull bottom and fiberglass white again.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We wetslip so our hull gets discolored fast, we try to pull the boat out every once in a while to go to another body of water & also clean the boat up while it's out. Just like everything, if you keep ahead of it, it makes things much easier than just letting it go. Starbrite gel hull cleaner works great at getting the lime scale and whatever else is at or below the water line of the hull. We also use a spray wax on the upper portions of the hull anytime we pull the boat out of the water

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are ready to lose your wax, Barkeepers best friend soft , is very inexpensive at the supermarket and does wonders for grime lines on the hull. I was super impressed with how well it preforms.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can use Star Brite products for fiberglass such as Ez-On Ez-Off, Fiberglass Stain Remover. I'm using Starbrite EZ-ON EZ-OFF I simply put some in a spray bottle, sprayed on the hull/bottom, lightly brushed with a soft-bristle plastic brush, waited about 5-10 mins and rinsed off. Absolutely amazing product.