• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Cleaning/Wax Products?

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What is everyone"s recommendations for cleaning products (hull/mats/vinyl mats/engine compartment) and spray wax?

Any areas to avoid waxing?

4michael

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ohh, on a lift. So want to be able to wash and wax at the dock.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What is everyone"s recommendations for cleaning products (hull/mats/vinyl mats/engine compartment) and spray wax?
Everyone has their favorite. I like Mequiar's products but will be giving Rejex a try with the new boat if/when it arrives. Rejex is a polymer based product that bonds to the boat and supposedly provides a slick surface to make cleaning easier.
Any areas to avoid waxing?
The bottom at the planing speed line - the wax gets stripped pretty quick from the friction so you're kind of wasting your time. Plus it's below the water, so no exposure except when on a trailer. If your lift is covered, then the bottom likely doesn't get much exposure. Just keep the bottom clean.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you want a very long lasting (might get 6 months) spray wax, try Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic wax. It is spray/wipe on and wipe off product. Watch the reviews on Youtube. Although I do not use it on my boat, I have tried it on some areas of my cars as a topper - fairly impressive for a spray wax.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I used Meguairs M67 compound and some ceramic spray wax from turtle wax. It was a rushed job.
I have a few areas that need more attention so I plan to redo some of it when some more supplies arrive.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Meguiar’s M6332 flagship premium marine wax, I would recommend this to anyone. I used it on my boat after using the Maguire's 1 Step Marine Compound and it really brought the shine to life. It goes on and off real easy. I applied it and removed it by hand using a polishing microfiber sponge and microfiber towel. I have not tested the longevity yet but believe it will be like any other product in this category.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anything special you'd to protect the hull or upholstery of a brand new boat before you drop it in the Lake? Wax or whatever? Already have the keel guard, bow guard, and Stolz roller.

I'll be in fresh water only and will be wet docked for the summer but pulled out monthly to clean and wax.

Thanks in advance!