• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Multiple Battery Switch/Setup?

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just replaced the main starting battery on my SX190 and will be upgrading my stereo with an amp and speakers, also tower speakers when I get a tower.

The BEP Yamaha setup is out of stock. I'll be keeping a single battery, and two batteries wired in parallel for boat electronics.

What do you folks have going that you recommend?

Pics are appreciated as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Search adding a battery or multiple batteries here on the forum. There a lot of different setups, installs, pics and walk throughs.

Rockit69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Search adding a battery or multiple batteries here on the forum. There a lot of different setups, installs, pics and walk throughs.
I just replaced the main starting battery on my SX190 and will be upgrading my stereo with an amp and speakers, also tower speakers when I get a tower.

The BEP Yamaha setup is out of stock. I'll be keeping a single battery, and two batteries wired in parallel for boat electronics.

I added a house battery to the port side and a 2 battery switch. The second battery serves just the cabin amp, and is used if the starting battery is not up to the job. A third battery on the starboard side is on its own and serves the tower amp, the system works great. I have a noco 3 battery charger onboard.

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking at some people's setups and what my needs WILL BE (no amps, subs, or tower speakers, or cool lights, YET), I think I'll be going with a BEP 716 switch setup, and 2 house batteries in parallel, with a Noco Genius.

Which Noco is best for 3 batteries, but only 2 actual banks? The 10x2 and let one bank charge the 2 batteries in parallel? Or get a 3 bank to charge all batteries separately?

Thanks all!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Just pm'd you