• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best place to buy a cover?

Mredman86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello!

I have been trying to buy a new deluxe mooring cover for my new 2019 242 Limited S! I bought a cover from Leaders RPM, it shipped quickly but was too small. Turns out that it was for older model years and they don’t have current model years on their website. I then got on Jetboatpilot.com website who had some on their website and ordered, but i have received no shipping confirmation now 11 days later. When I reached out they said they would check and get back to me but I’ve heard nothing back! I’m sure COVID messing everything up.

So where do y’all by your covers!? Send me the names and I’ll go to the websites. I need one ASAP and am tired of waiting as my boat sits outside with a week straight of rain now while I’ve waited.

Thanks!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you try yamahasportsplaza.com or partspak.com ??

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought from YamahaSportsPlaza.com

Local dealer had it as well, but was almost $400 more expensive. He told me to buy it online for that price.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello!

I have been trying to buy a new deluxe mooring cover for my new 2019 242 Limited S! I bought a cover from Leaders RPM, it shipped quickly but was too small. Turns out that it was for older model years and they don’t have current model years on their website. I then got on Jetboatpilot.com website who had some on their website and ordered, but i have received no shipping confirmation now 11 days later. When I reached out they said they would check and get back to me but I’ve heard nothing back! I’m sure COVID messing everything up.

So where do y’all by your covers!? Send me the names and I’ll go to the websites. I need one ASAP and am tired of waiting as my boat sits outside with a week straight of rain now while I’ve waited.

Thanks!
I am surprised, I just received mine from Leaders, and it fit perfect. I have 2016 242 LS E series, did you call them and see if they made a mistake? I dont know if our boats are much different .

Mredman86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am surprised, I just received mine from Leaders, and it fit perfect. I have 2016 242 LS E series, did you call them and see if they made a mistake? I dont know if our boats are much different .
They only had the older model year in stock. I think it said 2010-2016 maybe? I was so sad when it didn’t fit. They let me send it back and refunded me 😊

Mredman86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought from YamahaSportsPlaza.com

Local dealer had it as well, but was almost $400 more expensive. He told me to buy it online for that price.
I’ll definitely give them a go! Thank you!

Mredman86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I got a cover finally!
I put it on tonight and the Velcro pieces that go around the arch most definitely aren’t tight and do not appear water proof or water tight. How do you keep water from running down those openings into the boat?!

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Babbitt’s also has factory parts. I just ordered a new cover and anti pooling rods my self, funny thing... the new cover came with new pooling rods, so returned those, unfortunately though they sent me a cover for a 195 and not a 212, so everything had to get shipped back.

on a side note last year when I bought a new Bimini top and Bimini cover, after a week the cover split and they sent me a new one with 0 questions asked, didn’t even have to ship the old one back. Was pretty stoked about that.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Leaders RPM had best price for my boat also.
Papa