• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

best spray wax for gel-coat

virgil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my boat is in pretty good shape dont have time to give it full wax by hand so what do you guys recommend for spray wax

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use Quickie Sauce by Boat Bling. It is more of a liquid spray wax (it sprays white and dries to a haze) than a quick detailer like I think Hot Sauce is. You have to buff Quickie Sauce but it's pretty good protection.

Here's some pics I just sprayed on my boat. I haven't waxed it this season but you can see how nice the shine gets and it's smooth tonthe touch. It also helps prevent water spots.

Before ...
IMG_9296.JPG

Quickie Sauce applied...

IMG_9297.JPG

After...

IMG_9298.JPG

Before...

IMG_9299.JPG

Quickie Sauce applied...

IMG_9300.JPG

After...

IMG_9301.JPG

Last edited:

virgil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So hot sauce and quickie sauce 2 different products ?? Best place get them

troybox

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, two different products by the same company. The quickie sauce is for occasional waxing and applies like a typical wax. The hot sauce is a cleaner with a light wax for daily use to keep the surface water spot free/clean and is a simple spray on and wipe off.

I use both and really like the simplicity and performance of the hot sauce...but boat bling is proud of it. $$

I usually shop the sales, but the Hot Sauce is available from Amazon.

Boat Bling HS - 0032 Hot Sauce Premium Hard Water Spot Remover - 32 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GWVBQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NohiBbSP8ZGCD

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lucas Slick Mist works excellent for a quick shine, so easy to use and smells great! Lol

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My previous boat was all white, I never had issues with water spots. I would wash it a few times a season, and maybe a wax once a year with no spots. I would usually think the guys wiping their boats down in the parking lot were a little overboard.
When I got the Yamaha with a black and blue hull I didn't think it would be much different. I was very wrong. I ended up spending several days using the Meguiers 3 step oxidation remover kit to get rid of the water spots. Now I use a quick shot of Hot Sauce after I pull her out of the water and she looks great all the time.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Duragloss AquaWax is my choice. I use it on the boat and car. I wax with a good wax Meguiars twice a year and then this after rinsing as a touch up. Works great. I use it on my car windshield and my all glass shower.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My previous boat was all white, I never had issues with water spots. I would wash it a few times a season, and maybe a wax once a year with no spots. I would usually think the guys wiping their boats down in the parking lot were a little overboard.
When I got the Yamaha with a black and blue hull I didn't think it would be much different. I was very wrong. I ended up spending several days using the Meguiers 3 step oxidation remover kit to get rid of the water spots. Now I use a quick shot of Hot Sauce after I pull her out of the water and she looks great all the time.
When you boat in hard water lakes in the southwest, Hot Sauce is your best friend.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm a huge fan of Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax. Buy it by the gallon on Amazon. Use it on the boat after a day on the water to remove water spots and for a quick detail on all the vehicles.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
2nd what @Redneck_4Play says about the Meguiar's X-Press Wax. I started using last year after seeing some tube videos. The stuff is amazing and can be used on everything in the boat.. I use it on my Audi SQ5 interior and all molding ,weather striping leather seats. I mean everything looks so much better after using this stuff.. Check out this guys videos and you will see why...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2nd what @Redneck_4Play says about the Meguiar's X-Press Wax. I started using last year after seeing some tube videos. The stuff is amazing and can be used on everything in the boat.. I use it on my Audi SQ5 interior and all molding ,weather striping leather seats. I mean everything looks so much better after using this stuff.. Check out this guys videos and you will see why...
I like the idea, and always looks for things/wax that is not a pain to get off of trim.
BUT
Any long term issues with using it on plastic?

I'ld have hard time weaning myself off of 303 Protectant for the interior everything...

--

Squirts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use PREMIUM CARNAUBA PASTE WAX 2 times a year...
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/premium+carnauba+paste+wax+12+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

Then Best of Show weekly on cars and every two or three weeks on the boat...
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/best+of+show+spray+wax.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

To wash cars or boat we use this "air foaming gun", just spray it on, wait 15 minutes and wash it off. Makes all the effort of waxing worth while, plus the kid likes to use it and that makes my job easier. Dont have the guts to try it on the inside of the boat yet.
https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/air+foamer+sudsing+gun.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You know I love our Klasse products but for a quick hit after a wash the stuff is the bomb! With the Audi I just got the front,hood and fenders wrapped with 3m. When I picked it up the owner had to ask what I was using on the interior and outside trim. He could not believe how great it looked. He said no lie the trim and interior look and feel from the product. Was one of the cleanest he had seen.. (Yes my head swelled)..This is coming from a shop that deals with very high end dealers. He had 2018 GT3 touring and 2018 GT3R in the shop for 3mwraps when I picked up.. I am a little more obsessive than most when it comes to cleaning. But I am a believer in this stuff..I do not use my 303 anymore. So far very good! Oh and @swatski it is so easy to use and I promise you will be hooked..

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
30213 Quick Wax of 303products or Meguiar’s M5916 Marine but this bottle tends to cause some leaks

Last edited:

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Although I strongly recommend using Griot's One Step (synthetic wax with polish) applied with a random orbital polisher to provide year long protection, I applied Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray On wax as a topper. I applied it a couple of months ago, and it has proved to be tenacious. It also beads water extremely/insanely well.

Detailers like Griot's Best of Show Detailer or Hotsauce look great and remove very superficial water spots, but they do not last more than a couple of weeks to a month. Much to my surprise, the Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray On Wax may actually last its claimed 6 months. I discount (maybe wrongly) the ceramic content of the Griot's, but the totality of the contents really does live up to their claims. Also, you can apply it on plastics and rubber without white residue; you do not have to be careful around the rub rail vinyl for example.

You just mist it on, and then you wipe it off. It is as easy as any spray on wax or detailer, but it lasts much, much longer than either.

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Wet Wax is a great product, just spray after washing and dry as normal, could also be applied in full sun. Super easy to apply, great shine and protection and hydrophobic. I boat in saltwater, never have water spots or etching. Best of all its about $13 and available at Walmart.