• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best wakesurf board for maximum push for a 2014 Yamaha 212x with TVW’s.

ktmsmr12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals. I have a 2014 212X with TVW’s. No other wake shaping devices. Still using factory ballast and a 2017 Connelly Ride wakesurf board. We can all get up and ride with rope. Cannot get enough push for ropeless. I plan on buying two 540lb fat sacs for the swim platform and upper deck. What’s the best wakesurf board for maximum push and beginner / intermediate use? I am looking at Airhead Pfish and Slingshot Coaster 5.0’. We all weigh between 100-165lbs. Thanks.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have a sling shot coaster. Good starting board from my research. Might need more ballast. Got a pic of your wave?

ktmsmr12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Holy crap... that’s a wave. Those two pics are of the stock factory ballast bags full and using TVW’s. Nothing else.

ktmsmr12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
View attachment 121397

This is my wave. Same boat. Yours seems to have a lot of jet wash? I use an 800 lb bag on the rear deck and a 540 lb bag on the rear seat. What ballast bags do you have?
Can you give me an exact rundown of what you have on your boat for that wake? I was going to buy qty-2 540lb bags. One on swim deck and one on upper deck to start.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Holy crap... that’s a wave. Those two pics are of the stock factory ballast bags full and using TVW’s. Nothing else.
Haha. Thanks.
This is a 2014 212X with the gatlin wake wedge, stock ballast filled, and one 800 lb bag on the rear swim deck (surf side) and a 540 lb bag on the swim side rear seat.

Jet boat pilot has some youtube videos for the TVW. I would watch those

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you give me an exact rundown of what you have on your boat for that wake? I was going to buy qty-2 540lb bags. One on swim deck and one on upper deck to start.
Get the L-shaped fat sac for your swimdeck. Don't bother with a 540 out there. Get the custom bag as it is over 800lbs as far back and to the surf side as you can get on these boats. It's your best bet as a start. The drop those 540's elsewhere if you still need them.

ktmsmr12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Get the L-shaped fat sac for your swimdeck. Don't bother with a 540 out there. Get the custom bag as it is over 800lbs as far back and to the surf side as you can get on these boats. It's your best bet as a start. The drop those 540's elsewhere if you still need them.
Where can I buy this custom bag?