• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best wakesurf for teen beginners

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any thoughts between the liquid force fish or the hyperlite landlock?? I've been riding the hyperlite broadcast but others on the boat are having trouble getting up on it. I'm thinking something more buoyant might be better.

thoughts??

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a liquid force fish and a 15 year old and it seems to work out fine. Fits in wake board rack and is light weight. As far as buoyancy it is a thin board and not so buoyant , teach your kids to straddle the board in the water if that is your concern. Surf boards are like wings and designed to provide lift with fluid flow so it you want control I don't think you will get it with more buoyancy maybe geometry. Once the board is planing it is very controllable and "sticks" to your feet so you feel very capable of controlling the "edge".

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fatter more buoyant boards like the Ronix's provide plenty of buoyancy because they are built like real surfboards - they are thick, will not fit in your racks and their construction makes them very fragile - they will dent and ding with every bump.

I picked up a 5'11" Hyperlite Landlock for the kids - it's length and width should be enough to help them get started, yet it still fits in my rack. It should keep them entertained during the learning process, but as they progress - they will probably want to upgrade to something a little more agile.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a liquid force fish and a 15 year old and it seems to work out fine. Fits in wake board rack and is light weight. As far as buoyancy it is a thin board and not so buoyant , teach your kids to straddle the board in the water if that is your concern. Surf boards are like wings and designed to provide lift with fluid flow so it you want control I don't think you will get it with more buoyancy maybe geometry. Once the board is planing it is very controllable and "sticks" to your feet so you feel very capable of controlling the "edge".
My 15 year old was a thin board and pretty lightweight too but I never tried to stow him in the wakeboard rack. :p

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am also thinking about picking up a landlock for the beginners we bring on the boat.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ended up with the liquid force fish 5 ' 3" i think it's a good combo of beginner board and the ability to advance a bit after learning. after talking with a few people the landlock would be quickly outgrown by anyone after a couple of rides. @jcyamaharider

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
let us know how it works, I've got a boat full of youngsters waiting for me to buy one!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up with the liquid force fish 5 ' 3" i think it's a good combo of beginner board and the ability to advance a bit after learning. after talking with a few people the landlock would be quickly outgrown by anyone after a couple of rides. @jcyamaharider

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info @bobbie

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 15 year old was a thin board and pretty lightweight too but I never tried to stow him in the wakeboard rack. :p
I am surprised!! 15 year old's can be quite infuriating at times and the wake board rack is a great place to put them and get them out of your way-underway!

Last edited:

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have been using the Hyperlite landlock for a few years. I think ours is 5'8". I has proved to be the easiest board to learn on that we have tried. Super easy to get up on and go ropeless. Cam.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just used the 5'3" liquid force fish for the first time today with friends who never surfed before. the board was awesome!! everyone got up and the board was super stable and easy. big thumbs up for those looking for a beginner board for everyone on the boat. much easier than my hyperlite broadcast. @Scottintexas

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My buddy has a 5'6" Hyperlight Broadcast and I have a 5'6" Liquid Force Fish. The Fish seems to be faster and easier to go rope less. He subsequently got a Ronix Koal Fish and it is quite a step forward from either the Broadcast or the LF Fish - much faster and more responsive. Less beginner friendly but still pretty easy to get up on for first-timers if they've spent any time doing any other board sports. Definitely more fragile, though.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bobbie , thanks for the tip, I bought a 5- 6" fish yesterday, I wanted to make sure I gave everybody the best chance of getting and staying up,
I used it today with my 9 and 12year old daughters and they LOVED IT ! looks like I'll be buying some ballast bags and waiting for the big shelbyville surprise, We have a new sport, the oldest really understood and went ropeless for about a minute but much of the time she had a slack rope and just held it, and I'm even happier I bought the Perfect pass, that makes every tow sport easy for the driver, GRACIE GOOD 1ST SURF .jpg EMILY GOOD  1ST SURF 014.jpg

Last edited:

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scottintexas that's awesome! went out today again with a newbie who enjoyed the liquid force fish, but also rocked the hyperlite broadcast!image.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking at the pics of the fish it doesn't look like it would be buoyant enough for some of my friends that are first time surfers and over 175-200 lbs range.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider I disagree....i think the fish....even the 5'3" fish would work with no issue whatsoever. i've read it pulls even 260 lbs guys with no problem

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Decisions decisions.........