• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BIG NEWS FROM JBP: Thrust Vector Gets New KICKSTAND Feature!!! Oct 2020

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals,

Check out the new feature found on our all new Thrust Vector for 2021! You've been asking for it. We finally delivered.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This is a great idea. Didn't realize I needed this but we beach on the river all the time. Adding it to my TVX this winter.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is a great idea. Didn't realize I needed this but we beach on the river all the time. Adding it to my TVX this winter.
Cool! We always just told people to put a float noodle in their nozzle to prevent the fins from getting scratched, but it was time to take our game to the next level. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Honestly this is way better then the pool noodle solution for getting in my driveway.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Honestly this is way better then the pool noodle solution for getting in my driveway.
With the newer style nozzles being wider we now can add the kickstand to the inside edge of the fin. I wish we could have done this long ago.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can you make them lock down without retracting as an option? Or would that put to much stress on the plastic parts.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Pretty cool

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Does it fit the TV wake?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you make them lock down without retracting as an option? Or would that put to much stress on the plastic parts.
That would add too much stress on the system and too much weight in the steering wheel.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I didn’t realize this was an issue. I’ve never experienced it with my cobra fins (either the smaller fixed versions or the larger current versions that move up and down like TVs), but when I beach it’s bow first and thankfully the driveway I usually back my boat into Is not steep enough to cause me To scrape the fins. @JetBoatPilot, nice innovation, hopefully there is enough new demand to keep this feature available. I can’t imagine that I would upgrade from older TVs just to get this feature since pool noodles are much cheaper.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I didn’t realize this was an issue. I’ve never experienced it with my cobra fins (either the smaller fixed versions or the larger current versions that move up and down like TVs), but when I beach it’s bow first and thankfully the driveway I usually back my boat into Is not steep enough to cause me To scrape the fins. @JetBoatPilot, nice innovation, hopefully there is enough new demand to keep this feature available. I can’t imagine that I would upgrade from older TVs just to get this feature since pool noodles are much cheaper.
True, its not really enough to encourage an upgrade, but for single engine owners its critical since the fins hang beneath the keel.

Also for many that beach the boat stern to, this innovation will be well received.

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It looks like the pre-installed stop on the right side of my brand new (and soon to be downlevel) TVXs could easily be replaced by the "kickstand."

How's about offering the part as an inexpensive upgrade for those of us who could install it? A water noodle would be OK too. This just more elegant. Or maybe time for me to wade into 3D printing, no pun intended. :cool:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It looks like the pre-installed stop on the right side of my brand new (and soon to be downlevel) TVXs could easily be replaced by the "kickstand."

How's about offering the part as an inexpensive upgrade for those of us who could install it? A water noodle would be OK too. This just more elegant. Or maybe time for me to wade into 3D printing, no pun intended. :cool:
You're right, the kickstand will be available as an upgrade to your X system. The kit is slated to run $39.95 for a twin engine kit and a $19.95 single engine kit.

tomoc sx190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi there I just installed my thrust vector x on my 2021 sx190 the kit didn't come with the kick stand option but does have the screw and bump stop must have gotten a older model then the new for 2021 kit do you have the kickstand part I can add to my x model

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi there I just installed my thrust vector x on my 2021 sx190 the kit didn't come with the kick stand option but does have the screw and bump stop must have gotten a older model then the new for 2021 kit do you have the kickstand part I can add to my x model
The KickStand option is very new. Just got green lit today for production. We have parts going online for sale tomorrow and the price will be $19.95 per single engine kit and $39.95 per twin engine kit. Should be an easy adder to existing X kits with only one drill hole requirement ( 1/16" drill bit required). Look for it online tomorrow.