• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge and Pisser fittings

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On our first week long trip with the new 242x I kept noticing the starboard side rear under seat storage carpet was wet, figured that is was from the wet grandkids sitting there but kept getting worse. Well I was swimming next to the boat and discovered there was just a hole where the bilge fitting should be. The outside flange had broke off and the hose had fallen inside so the bilge pump was just pumping water into the compartment, then draining back down into bilge repeat....Made a quick fix by removing the inner nut and screwing it on from the outside and wrapped with silicone tape to keep the nut from coming off.

I decided to replace the ugly pisser fittings while I was at it and found these nice half round ones at Blowison. The 3/4" pisser fitting requires the hole in the hull to be opened up just slightly which I did with a rat tail file and then used a Hillman 18mm black drain plug gasket on the fitting to cover up the small key slot in in the hull for the factory plastic fitting with a dab of white silicone. The 1" Bilge fitting fit a little loose in the factory hole so I used an o-ring on the fitting and it fit snug in the hole and added a dab of white silicone. I think these look MUCH better than the factory fittings.

https://www.blowsion.com/products/hull-components/blowsion-billet/new-12-inch-45-degree-water-bypass-fittings

https://www.blowsion.com/products/hull-components/blowsion-billet/bilge-fitting-45-degree

Attachments

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks nice. Is it metal or plastic?

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The fittings are Billet aluminum and are available in Black or Silver.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Quick thinking on your makeshift repair..... I'd spend a long while staring at it blankly before coming up with that one!

Splicertech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On our first week long trip with the new 242x I kept noticing the starboard side rear under seat storage carpet was wet, figured that is was from the wet grandkids sitting there but kept getting worse. Well I was swimming next to the boat and discovered there was just a hole where the bilge fitting should be. The outside flange had broke off and the hose had fallen inside so the bilge pump was just pumping water into the compartment, then draining back down into bilge repeat....Made a quick fix by removing the inner nut and screwing it on from the outside and wrapped with silicone tape to keep the nut from coming off.

I decided to replace the ugly pisser fittings while I was at it and found these nice half round ones at Blowison. The 3/4" pisser fitting requires the hole in the hull to be opened up just slightly which I did with a rat tail file and then used a Hillman 18mm black drain plug gasket on the fitting to cover up the small key slot in in the hull for the factory plastic fitting with a dab of white silicone. The 1" Bilge fitting fit a little loose in the factory hole so I used an o-ring on the fitting and it fit snug in the hole and added a dab of white silicone. I think these look MUCH better than the factory fittings.

https://www.blowsion.com/products/hull-components/blowsion-billet/new-12-inch-45-degree-water-bypass-fittings

https://www.blowsion.com/products/hull-components/blowsion-billet/bilge-fitting-45-degree

Ordered mine yesterday after whacking the pissers on the dock Sunday

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you access the inner side of the hull to access the pissers to replace?

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your can reach up from the under seat compartment on the drivers side. Just open the seat up and look up inside towards the back and you will will see them.

Splicertech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually removed the seat on the driver side rear. It is a tight fit so a smaller person than me had to go in there and loosen and tighten stuff up

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Probably depends on the boat. I'm 6'2" and 260lbs and had no problem just opening the seat and doing the work but I do have a 24' boat which probably has a larger rear seat than say a 21'. Either way its not a hard swap, it just is nice to have a helper on the outside when tightening.

Benny920

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
looks super clean, You mentioned a gasket from Hillman? where did you find that?

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hillman is usually carried in large hardware/builders stores, I got mine at the local Ace Hardware and they are in the nut/bolt section. It was in a tray with assoreted oil drain plug gaskets.

Benny920

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
awesome Thanks!