• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

bilge and plumbing questions

bbar

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi, Nautica rib jet 10. Yamaha 760 powered. There are no manuals for my boat so hoping that other makes use similar manufacturing techniques so that my questions can be answered. Need help with the following please:

I have a regular type bilge pump with a discharge hose in the engine compartment. Can't see where the discharge hose goes and don't see any thru hull fittings; so how do they get that water out of the boat?

There is a fitting in the cockpit for a flush hookup. The hose disappears under the seat . Where / how does it hook into the cooling system of the engine.

In the back of the hull, a hose comes in from the fitting at the left top of the jet pump outside . It goes up, makes a 90, comes down and goes into a hole at the top of the jet tunnel forward of the pump. Then I lose it. Any idea what that does and where it should go?

Thanks.

Any chance is a vacuum line of sorts acting as bilge pump? I think some skis had a similar system. I'm unfamiliar with your particular boat, so this is pure speculation on my part.

Hi, Nautica rib jet 10. Yamaha 760 powered. There are no manuals for my boat so hoping that other makes use similar manufacturing techniques so that my questions can be answered. Need help with the following please:

I have a regular type bilge pump with a discharge hose in the engine compartment. Can't see where the discharge hose goes and don't see any thru hull fittings; so how do they get that water out of the boat?

There is a fitting in the cockpit for a flush hookup. The hose disappears under the seat . Where / how does it hook into the cooling system of the engine.

In the back of the hull, a hose comes in from the fitting at the left top of the jet pump outside . It goes up, makes a 90, comes down and goes into a hole at the top of the jet tunnel forward of the pump. Then I lose it. Any idea what that does and where it should go?

Thanks.
Is this the thruhull for the bilge pump? NO. its the flush port based on this thread.
20190109_101940.jpg
Screenshot_20190109-074245_Chrome.jpg

Bilge Pump outlet maybe here.

20190109_075156.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. Found that fitting on mine. The picture you found shows the jet pump. Mine is missing. The picture is of a bigger boat but maybe is same pump as mine? Any idea what model pump that would be?

Hello, I am looking for information on a Nautica as well. The one in the photos looks to be my exact model (from what I can tell). It is correct that the bilge pump "discharge port" (if you will) is on the right side as the 3rd photo shows. I am confused about what the first photo shows. I am new to boating and I have a friend that says the black "cap" in the first photo is a vent. I did follow it into the hull but I lose it.

bbar: I haven't seen this flush hookup you mention in the cockpit under the seat. Someone did a real number on this boat, however, it runs fine. I just want to get it straightened up and understand it so I can run it out of water, as I do not want to damage it. If you post a few photos, if you still have it, that would amazing.

Either way, thank you. I did find this original post to still be helpful.

Had one of these RIB's for a week fresh from the factory. The boat only turned to the right.....and the manufacturer couldn't get it straightened out so we ordered an outboard version. I remember the flush port being behind your legs under the seat.

The first photo that has a label of "Flush port" is actually the bilge discharge.

Had one of these RIB's for a week fresh from the factory. The boat only turned to the right.....and the manufacturer couldn't get it straightened out so we ordered an outboard version. I remember the flush port being behind your legs under the seat.

The first photo that has a label of "Flush port" is actually the bilge discharge.

Must have been different models. My bilge discharge is exactly what photo 3 shows. I do have a quick disconnect (or appears to be) that connects under the seat. I’ll see if I can get a photo, but it runs from a red hose, and into a metal line. I am unsure of what it is.

So, first photo shows where it is under the seat.
Second is a close up of the connector.
Third is the “inside” view. Under the seat
And fourth, is a few of the red hose, I lose it under there, and can’t get a photo of the metal line. But it’s just about right where you see the hose. Someone did some awesome cutting in there.

Attachments

• IMG_8960.jpeg
    IMG_8960.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 71364854123__B66E1960-2CE5-4B07-B8E8-06EC94F0C67E.jpeg
    71364854123__B66E1960-2CE5-4B07-B8E8-06EC94F0C67E.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8956.jpeg
    IMG_8956.jpeg
    496.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 71364742108__F48846D1-C084-4D86-92BA-7526B3BCF147.jpeg
    71364742108__F48846D1-C084-4D86-92BA-7526B3BCF147.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 4
@nmd2524 You are correct and it's all coming back to me now! My bilge discharge was way up behind the seat and drained onto the gelcoat which annoyed the hell out of me. My flush port was at the helm seat and not on the transom. Seems your boat is a tad older than the 2004ish I had. Red hose is for sure the flush line to the engine.

Haha ya, I actually filled up the bull today and ran it for a second, and discharged.
71406944061__7BFBEE00-2ABC-4243-A4BA-D23A77AB4FEF.jpeg
I still haven’t found the flush. I do not know everything that I am looking at just quite yet. Lol.

I do not know what year this one is. I have no information on it. The serial number on the engine can not be found by Yamaha when I called them. They said it might be an import. So I have nothing on it. The electrical was torn to hell, but everything appears to work. Normally I don’t “fix what ain’t broke” but if I post a picture I think some would agree. It’s like a wiring nightmare in there.

I have like, a nice solid red wire that is wiretapped to a house hold lamp wire in here. Everything is single or double, even a triple connector in here. Talk about jerryrigged. IMG_8963.jpeg

Back