• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge Issues 2017 242x

CJules

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Need some help here. I bought a used 2017 Yamaha 242x a couple months back. I have had Bilge problems from the start. I replaced the bilge pump this weekend and still get Red on Connects and doesn’t seem to be working. Low circuit on Sys CRT. Can’t seem to find the fuse location for a 17 242x. Any help much appreciated!

I’ve never had that error but my bilge light was red before. Turns out it was debris stuck in the pump.

when you changed the pump, did you check the old one? Was it actually bad? Does the new one work when you connect it directly to the battery?

if you’re sure the new pump is good, I’d start by turning the battery switches off for a few mins and trying again.

do you have a shop manual by any chance? I’d check mine but it’s at my cottage and I won’t be there for a few days.

other thought is to go into the troubleshooting menu on the Connext screen and see if there is anything on the bilge in there.

I have the same boat. Haven't had the first problem with the bilge. But there's a very small fuse panel in the battery Compartment. Mounted against the rear wall. Less than 10 fuses in there. Not sure if any are for the bilge.

Did you find the solution for this? We are having the same issue with our 2017 AR240

I’ve never had that error but my bilge light was red before. Turns out it was debris stuck in the pump.

when you changed the pump, did you check the old one? Was it actually bad? Does the new one work when you connect it directly to the battery?

if you’re sure the new pump is good, I’d start by turning the battery switches off for a few mins and trying again.

do you have a shop manual by any chance? I’d check mine but it’s at my cottage and I won’t be there for a few days.

other thought is to go into the troubleshooting menu on the Connext screen and see if there is anything on the bilge in there.

Did you do what Dave Burke recommended ?
Did you look for the fuse ?

I would guess that there must be something built into the system that senses an open circuit or current draw to throw a code. If you cant Figure it out just buy a new bilge pump with a switch controller. That whole set up is very confusing that Yamaha has installed if by chance you more your boat occasionally and want the bilge pump on you never know what battery switch to keep on. Then you have the issue of battery drain from the pump continually spinning on its timer to sense for water. I'm not sure about the AR but the X series boat gives off a light flash as the bilge senses for water I cant remember what switches were left on but something as simple as a burnt bulb could throw a code.

Secondly get one of these all boats should have them why they don't is shocking

Back