• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bilge pump came on today Wheres the water coming from?

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So Im pulling a tube today and I see the red light on the bilge pump is lit. Im like wait??? look over the side and yes its pumping water. It happened a couple other times but after the first I opened the engine hatch holding my breath, very little watero_O
I had my boat beached nose in for a bit and there was a ton of wakes, is that how the water gets into these boats?/ and where was it when I opened the hatch cause it happened again after I checked the first time.
A good amount of water came out when I pulled the plug today on the trailer.

A few things that come to mind are:

1. Drain plug housing loose
2. Scupper cracked
3. Missing hose clamps on exhaust hose - water would be warm in bilge
4. Water entering bilge from ski locker drains
5. Clean out plug tubes loose at the top tray. This coupled with water from swimmers on the swim deck could cause the water to spill over the top of the cleanout tube and into the bilge.
6. A hose loose from the pee tubes.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here. One thing to determine next time out is whether or not the water is warm (engine cooling water) or cold (coming in directly from the lake).

Hope you figure it out soon.

I wonder how well the top caps on these boats are sealed to the hull? It could be coming in behind the rub rail if the cap isn't sealed well or if at all.

mine was the drain plug... the rubber o ring i guess wasn't getting a proper seal. i ordered a new one and have not had the problem since. You might take another plug from in the boat and switch it out to see if that was the problem before buying a new plug

CHeck to see if the water is hot... it will tel u if it is coming from the engine or from the lake...

You could always try filling the bilge in the driveway and seeing where it leaks from.

Back