• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bilge / Throttle issues

albanese1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat out Saturday - 4x around the lake, realized bilge was not working (usually kicks on automatically), my son realized it was clogged...So I figured I would worry about it later. So we went to the beach cove and dropped anchor for hours, fished etc....went to leave the lake and do our usual 3x around the lake to run the motor and when I throttled the boat it went no where - RPM's going just no thrust...the no wake mode worked fine and I could reverse as well just couldn't go at high speed. Any ideas? Maybe water logged and too heavy? Any ideas / suggestions would be great. Thanks! We did unclog the bilge but it was after we took it out of the water.
2012 19' Yamaha AR190

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did you open your engine hatch to see if you had water in there ?? Did you look in the man-hole cover to the exhaust area ??

certainly if you've got a boat full of water it's going to slow you down,

always make sure you bilge works, it's why we recommend a 2nd installed as redundancy (and a high water alarm), one bad thing about about yamaha's is in the wrong situation you can fill your boat fast,

It's usually not the first problem that causes a catastrophe but a series of problems, and a non-working bilge just checked off a giant #1 on the starters list,

albanese1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks - I didn't notice any water in the engine hatch but we were pressed to get out of the water since we didn't know how long the engine would run even at that 'no wake speed'. Needless to say, bilge is now unclogged so maybe we try again this Saturday - I was just curious if it could be anything else - very strange to go full throttle and not go anywhere, but engine revved.

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Check to make sure your cleanout port cap is seated properly. I had this happen on my first trip out this season - dealer was doing the walkaround with me and didn't secure the port fully.