• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha, that makes sense. It would suck to get back and find my new truck up on blocks, stripped! :p

bucks448

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The difference in distance to Bimini is small. I believe the difference in crime rate is large.
LOL....that's true!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We were talking about Bimini 2015 over lunch today. We would like to try for ten days to two weeks in Bimini in 2015. @tim h if you are serious about a two week stay we would like to make the later return crossing with you. If not we will pick up an EPIRB and be prepared for a single crossing.

Who would be interested in Exhuma in 2016?

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm interested in Exhuma 2015. I've done 15 days total in Bimini so far, can't see doing a 10 day stretch again.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It sounds fun but taking a week vacation is better for me than a 10 day to 2 week stay. But if enough people only want to do that, maybe we could all go out in one big fleet then have a one-week return group, and the rest come back later...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It sounds fun but taking a week vacation is better for me than a 10 day to 2 week stay. But if enough people only want to do that, maybe we could all go out in one big fleet then have a one-week return group, and the rest come back later...
That is basically what we did in 2011, most of the group went back on Saturday and 4 boats stay until Tuesday.
Who would be interested in Exhuma in 2016?
I'm interested in Exhuma 2015. I've done 15 days total in Bimini so far, can't see doing a 10 day stretch again.
Cindy and I would be interested in an Exhuma trip either in 2015 or 2016. I just hope the dates fit my work shift schedule.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am certain that most boats will want to make a week or shorter trip. Don't worry if some of us want to stay longer. I feel certain that we will be the minority.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Andy and @upperdeck, if you guys decide to go for Exhuma in 2015 and the water is good we would likely join you.

Ryan Sheely

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(4) of us are in for bimini 2015 for sure. we discussed it on the boat today actually. Getting passports and etc worked out. Hopefully sometime in June?? I believe i saw talk about mid june. We would prob only go for a week, kinda like what you all did this year. day or two extra no biggie. Looking forward too it, wish june wasn't sooooo far away!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
(4) of us are in for bimini 2015 for sure. we discussed it on the boat today actually. Getting passports and etc worked out. Hopefully sometime in June?? I believe i saw talk about mid june. We would prob only go for a week, kinda like what you all did this year. day or two extra no biggie. Looking forward too it, wish june wasn't sooooo far away!
Good thing you are starting your prep now, you will be suprised how quickly you run out of time.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Isn't Exhuma another 200 miles from Bimini?

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, it's a haul. I think I confused Exuma with Andros. The other option is the Berry Islands. More research needed!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to correct my earlier statement it is right at 200 miles.

It would be three additional hops. The first to Chub Cay in the Berry Islands or the Andros Islands then to Nassau then finally to somewhere in Exhuma. We would like to visit Cat Island.

Making the trip would be entirely dependent on having good weather. We had good weather for our crossing this year but @PreciousMetals had bad weather just days before hand.

Last edited:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

its only 5 hours away....by plane..... I'm thrilled with Bimini, maybe a few extra days in bimini....bimini is good.....

Attachments

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
its only 5 hours away....by plane..... I'm thrilled with Bimini, maybe a few extra days in bimini....bimini is good.....
Agreed... no effing way I'm going to Exhumas!! Thats wayyy too risky and brutal for me. If you watch the Kevin and Corrie videos, they get their ass handed to them by mother nature. No way would I subject myself or people that I care about to that.

Not to mention, the availability of fuel on the various islands is random at best. Too many contingencies to plan for.

Last edited:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That would be an awesome trip but I don't think I would be comfortable taking the family out that far. I've only been to Bimini once, I'm not bored with it yet.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We certainly are not bored with Bimini and could easily find weeks worth of stuff to do there!

Did I mention that we had a 4 and 7 year old along with two TVs in the condo and no one ever turned a TV on?

My family has a desire to go see the pigs on Big Majors Cay at some point in the future. Doing so would be dependent on excellent weather and carrying extra fuel.

Big Majors Cay is 226 miles from Bimini with two approximately 90 mile hops making up the majority of the distance. This would involve stopping at Chub Cay in the Berry Islands and Nassau along the way. My guess is that Bimini to Nassau could be a one day trip covering 135 miles in approximately 5 hours (6 to 11). Then spend the afternoon and evening in Nassau and cover the remaining 90 miles the next day. That evening would be spent at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club.

Chub Cay, Nassau and Staniel Cay all have fuel available and we would need to refuel at each. Nassau has groceries so we could pick up extra food to cut down on how much we needed to carry.

Here are Navoincs distances for the trip

BiminiToBigMajorsCay.jpg

Bimini to Chub Cay

BIminitoChubCay.jpg

Nassau to Big Majors Cay

NassautoBigMajorsCay.jpg

This is Bimini to Andros

BiminitoAndros.jpg

And Andros to Nassau

AndrostoNassau.jpg

It makes little difference whether we stop in Chub Cay or Andros to fuel up between Bimini and Nassau. The distances are almost the same. So we might try a different one for each direction. Trying to go directly to Nassau is about 10 miles shorter but would require more fuel or greater risk of running out.

Ideally we are thinking about this for 2016.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Why not Grand Bahama? I think I would like the remote-ness of bimini, but we may end up going by ourselves unless there is an early group kinda thing. If that's the case, would going alone be better to Grand Bahama? It would cut out some driving time in the car too... from Chicago basically.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, looks like Grand Bahama is about 50 miles closer for your tow vehicle and 13 miles further for your boat. I do not know how the area compares. The sparse population of Bimini is part of its charm.

What are the best dates for you?

image.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Our dates will probably be the first half of June. With the fireworks store, the owner is basically saying I can't go the two weeks before the 4th. I mean, I can quit, lol, but sounds like she'd rather PAY me to go earlier. We also have to find out the kids school schedule, which hasn't been posted for our private school yet.