• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our dates will probably be the first half of June. With the fireworks store, the owner is basically saying I can't go the two weeks before the 4th. I mean, I can quit, lol, but sounds like she'd rather PAY me to go earlier. We also have to find out the kids school schedule, which hasn't been posted for our private school yet.
Please keep us updated on your schedule. @upperdeck is our leader and he can't go before the third week of June so that will likely be the main group crossing. We want to stay in Bimini longer next year so we could go over with you a week earlier.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are in! 4 adults no kids.

We would prefer Monday to Saturday morning as that would work best for vacation days and getting someone to watch our kids. We are all fairly flexible on dates.

Already looking forward to an awesome trip!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seriously contemplating making the trip next year. . . . . Now, whether to haul my boat down there. . . . . or hitch a ride on my good friends 380 Sundancer. . . . Decisions Decisions

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
part 1. also loaded in the bimini video thread

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in! planning the trip as I type. What does this typically cost total for 7-10 days?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome! Search and read thru the 2014 thread. Tons of info!!! I'm currently using a 2" screen so my input is limited. Its expensive but massive fun

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am in! planning the trip as I type. What does this typically cost total for 7-10 days?
https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimini-2014-june-22.346/page-48#post-39616

Here are my trip totals. This is only what are our up front costs were... not including money spent on other items on the island and in transit.

Activity Actual
Bahia Mar $ 219.78
Bahia Mar Marina (per foot) $ 38.16
Truck Parking $ 56.00
Bimini Sands Hotel $ 1,586.25
Boat Slip $ 225.00
Truck Gas $ 754.68
Boat Gas $ 620.72
Bimini Customs $ 150.00
Bimini Customs 2 Extra person $ 40.00
Days Inn Savannah $ 205.38
Country Inn $ 179.67
PLB Rental $ 115.00
Food/Alcohol $ 682.00
Jetboater Shirts $ 100.00
Totals $ 4,972.64
Per Person
$ 994.53

We only spent $460 on gas in Bimini, and came home with 3/4 tank of gas and 10 gallons in external tanks.

One of the days we didnt use the boat at all. Instead we rented a golf cart for the day @ $90.

I cant even begin to add up my expenses for getting ready for the trip. That's definitely in the thousands.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Planning on it..but need to see how the year goes...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How many would you have in your group? There is lots of cost information in the 2014 thread.

We spent approximately $350 a night for our 1 bed + 1 loft, 2 bathroom condo and slip for a total of a little over $1800 for the five nights. Fuel costs for truck and boat were around $1600. We mostly ate groceries that we brought with us. I posted more precise info in the 2014 thread.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will have myself, wife and twin 13 y/o daughters.

how did you store a weeks worth of food on the boat? What kind of food did you bring?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
120 qt cooler for us...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will have myself, wife and twin 13 y/o daughters.

how did you store a weeks worth of food on the boat? What kind of food did you bring?
There were two adults and two kids in our group as well.

We brought too much food and had plenty of room left in the boat. We launched our boat in Fort Lauderdale on the 22nd and left for Bimini at 6AM on the 23rd. We went to a Publix near the launch ramp the afternoon of the 22nd and had the food in the condos refrigerator early on the afternoon of the 22nd. Everything that did not need refrigeration went under one of the side cockpit seats. Everything that needed refrigeration went into a large marine cooler in the bow. I am uncertain of the exact size. I added 40 or 60 pounds of loose ice to the ice chest. We had 140+ bottles of gatorade stored in the area in front of the helm.

We took steak, pork chops, canned fruit and veg, a loaf of bread (no need Bimini bread is awesome), egg beaters, bacon, soup, crackers, pudding, snacks, popsicles, etc. The condos have a full kitchen. There was no gas on Bimini when we were shopping and there was concern that we might loose electricity. So we bought extra food and concentrated on foods that did not need refrigeration and that we could grill on the boat. We brought back a lot of food and gave some away while we were there. There is so much to do on Bimini that eating becomes an afterthought. We only ate out twice, not because of the cost but because we were too busy enjoying nature. Next year we will plan a menu and bring less food.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There were two adults and two kids in our group as well.

We brought too much food and had plenty of room left in the boat. We launched our boat in Fort Lauderdale on the 22nd and left for Bimini at 6AM on the 23rd. We went to a Publix near the launch ramp the afternoon of the 22nd and had the food in the condos refrigerator early on the afternoon of the 22nd. Everything that did not need refrigeration went under one of the side cockpit seats. Everything that needed refrigeration went into a large marine cooler in the bow. I am uncertain of the exact size. I added 40 or 60 pounds of loose ice to the ice chest. We had 140+ bottles of gatorade stored in the area in front of the helm.

We took steak, pork chops, canned fruit and veg, a loaf of bread (no need Bimini bread is awesome), egg beaters, bacon, soup, crackers, pudding, snacks, popsicles, etc. The condos have a full kitchen. There was no gas on Bimini when we were shopping and there was concern that we might loose electricity. So we bought extra food and concentrated on foods that did not need refrigeration and that we could grill on the boat. We brought back a lot of food and gave some away while we were there. There is so much to do on Bimini that eating becomes an afterthought. We only ate out twice, not because of the cost but because we were too busy enjoying nature. Next year we will plan a menu and bring less food.
Thanks for that. My wife is really concerned about food. She is pretty picky and doesn't want to run out. Planning a menu will be a good idea.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We packed food for six guys. We ate out once and didn't bring back much at all. We brought a ton of beer and Gatorade (not enough beer!) Plan on bringing plenty of liquids. The tap water is ok to drink but doesn't taste the best. A case of local beer was $50 and a case of water $48.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We packed food for six guys. We ate out once and didn't bring back much at all. We brought a ton of beer and Gatorade (not enough beer!) Plan on bringing plenty of liquids. The tap water is ok to drink but doesn't taste the best. A case of local beer was $50 and a case of water $48.
$48 for a case of water!!!! I paid $3 yesterday.... That is really good to know!

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I assume ice is available on the island?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ice is relatively cheap and typically available. However the first year we were in Bimini the ice maker on north Bimini went down for two days and they almost ran out of ice, they were down to less than 6 bags when they got it fixed.

One cheap thing on the island is liquor, a one liter bottle of Bahamas rum is $12.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well crap...I guess I'll start following this thread as well.

I would love to do the 2015 trip, pretty much depends on the next couple months (I might be forced to retire from the Air Force) in December...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Our refrigerator in the boat eliminated the need for ice once we got there. We kept spare Gatorade on the boat and refilled the fridge each day.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So, my fireworks job just paid me to NOT go during the month of June. Paid me $1000 and another $2k after the 4th if I don't go in June/July.
Anyone up for April/May? :greedy:;)
I may look for some of the Bimini fling trips or something because I do NOT want to go across alone, but I still want to do this trip.
How is the weather earlier in the year? What about February, March, April, May?