• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2014-June 22

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Even still I could justify this trip on the sense of adventure alone. I have a n extremely nasty respect for the awesome power of water, specially deep water. I've had nightmares of walls of water. But this is just one of those things that sets off something primal. I would absolutely love to do this. It's my Everest for sure!!!
@Randall Knapp Thats pretty much how I have been selling it to my family and friends. It will be more of an adventure than a vacation. Knowing very well that it will be a vacation once we arrive. Just to be able to say... I am taking the boat to the Bahama's is nuts in its self!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Randall Knapp, @GiddYupJoe the trip was quite an adventure but this years crossings were not dangerous. We were blessed with relatively smooth water in both directions and while we were there. Hopefully we can stick with June dates for future years and continue to have similar weather.

As for cost it is not cheap but I can think of a lot of ways to spend more on a vacation. One thing that stood out to me is that most vacation locations have an endless supply of stuff to buy which dramatically increases the cost. In Bimini we spent our time on the water or sleeping. Even when we were in tourist areas there was not a lot to buy.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Randall Knapp, @GiddYupJoe the trip was quite an adventure but this years crossings were not dangerous. We were blessed with relatively smooth water in both directions and while we were there. Hopefully we can stick with June dates for future years and continue to have similar weather.

As for cost it is not cheap but I can think of a lot of ways to spend more on a vacation. One thing that stood out to me is that most vacation locations have an endless supply of stuff to buy which dramatically increases the cost. In Bimini we spent our time on the water or sleeping. Even when we were in tourist areas there was not a lot to buy.
I agree with this. Our local expenditures, other than gas, totaled $15 at the conch shack and $15 for dinner one night. I also bought my son a courtesy flag of his own for $20.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with this. Our local expenditures, other than gas, totaled $15 at the conch shack and $15 for dinner one night. I also bought my son a courtesy flag of his own for $20.
What kills me is you had to pass my house towing your boat to get to FLA. My excuses...gone.

Seriously though, I think I might start stashing $500/mo for next year.

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Tyler, you can upload 200 at a time.

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Tyler, you can upload 200 at a time.
I should have phrased that better, it's getting the photos that takes so long. We mostly filmed the whole time so my photos are just various screen shots taken from the video. The time is spent going through all the hours of video to get a few nice photos, lol.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, just wow, looks like an amazing trip. Love all the pics I've seen so far. Sounds like everyone had an awesome time. I'm definitely jealous. Hopefully I can make it one of these times.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That link is to a public album on Facebook where I've already got a lot of photos up if anyone is interested. Also, who took the photos at honeymoon harbour after I proposed? I'd really like to see those!
That was me, I'll post after I find them...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I saw that someone (tyler?) Had an lx210 with a fuel cell on the back. Is there more info on this somewhere? I thought you could only use those for diesel fuel for some reason.
Awesome pictures!
what a place to get engaged!
Of course now where will go for a honeymoon?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @upperdeck! I'm still struggling to get my feet on the ground since we got back with 4th of July landing on the following weekend. I think this week I will finally get some air and upload some of the pics I took.

We had such a great time and everyone made us feel very welcomed! We are excited to finally tie the knot, and congrats again to Tyler and his fiancee :)

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @upperdeck! I'm still struggling to get my feet on the ground since we got back with 4th of July landing on the following weekend. I think this week I will finally get some air and upload some of the pics I took.

We had such a great time and everyone made us feel very welcomed! We are excited to finally tie the knot, and congrats again to Tyler and his fiancee :)
Rob, congrats to you guys! It was nice to meet y'all!

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw that someone (tyler?) Had an lx210 with a fuel cell on the back. Is there more info on this somewhere? I thought you could only use those for diesel fuel for some reason.
Awesome pictures!
what a place to get engaged!
Of course now where will go for a honeymoon?
I just had a moeller marine 24 gallon tank attached with ratchet straps. I fabricated a closed loop fuel pump system that was able to be disconnected when not in use, that way I didn't have to worry about securing the fuel pump somehow. It was basically setup like this. Spare tank > fuel pickup (came integrated into tank with 1/4 inch threaded receiver) > 1/4 inch threaded nipple adapter > a foot of hydraulic hose attached to the nipple with a quick connect on the other end. The same used with air tools. (These parts stayed with the tank) > longer hose with the connector on one end and a fuel pump on the other with another length of hose coming from the pump to be ran to the boat's fuel tank. The pump was wired with battery terminal clamps so it could be connected and disconnected from the battery easily. Probably not the least cumbersome solution, but it worked for me. I also did not need it for the crossing, I was able to make it on just the lx210s tank.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmmmm, I like the setup, but is it legal?
perhaps another thread for that... going to do that now.
btw, how long are passports good for? You need one for the trip right?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Shoot, that will be right on my tenth year

Tyler

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmmm, I like the setup, but is it legal?
perhaps another thread for that... going to do that now.
btw, how long are passports good for? You need one for the trip right?
I didn't look into the legality of it. Should have prefaced that previous post with, I may or may not have used a fuel transfer system. All I know is, I wasn't about to start paddling.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Speedling US Passports are good for 10 years.
Adult passports are good for 10 years. we got my then 13yo daughters passport last year for this trip, it expires in 2016. I believe at >age 16 it requires a new passport. My under 18yo sons passport is good for 10 years